Chapter 7

Somewhere In London – Chapter 7

Louis’ POV

I woke up the next morning having no idea where I was. I looked to my right to see a familiar mass of brown/black hair peeping out of the covers. All of a sudden, it came flooding back. Taryn, the dinner, the movies, how Taryn and Niall hit it off right away and talking to Taryn at 7 AM, only 3 hours ago. I got up slowly and opened the door, hoping I wouldn’t wake her. My friends were all still sleeping and I decided it’d be nice if I made breakfast for everyone. I made eggs, bacon, toast and tea. Just as I was about to go wake everyone up, Taryn emerged from her bedroom, hair sticking out in all directions.

“Morning, princess” I remarked sarcastically.

“Thaaaanks, you’re looking pretty good yourself” she shot back, flashing a cheeky grin and slumping down at the table.

“YO, IDIOTS! I MADE YOU BRE-“ Taryn cut me off right there, shoving her hand over my mouth.

“Be nice” she said, her eyes like daggers into mine. She then turned on her heel and strode into the living room, giving all the boys a kiss on the cheek and telling them breakfast was ready and to get up, in the sweetest way possible. Niall was the first to respond and shot up like a rocket. Before even taking a step to the table he glanced over at Taryn, and gave her a light kiss –on the lips

“I honestly have to say, you look beautiful even though you just woke up" he said looking into her eyes. She blushed like crazy and my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe this. Taryn and Niall were going to get together and I would never have a chance with her.

“OKAY everybody, time to eat!” I said, setting the last cup of hot tea down on the table.  The five others gathered around, muttering their thank you’s and then dug in. I may have let Taryn slip through my fingers in high school, but I sure as hell wasn’t going to this time.

After we finished breakfast, we went back to the hotel. Paul then said we were then free to go back to our apartments and flats on our own. I asked Taryn to come with me, to see my new apartment and everything. She walked in the door and was instantly amazed.

"Wow. Bachelor pad to the max" she remarked. Suddenly, she stopped in front of a picture in a small frame in the front room. The picture was of me and her when we graduated high school in our caps and gowns, grinning from ear to ear. "Wow, you keep this in your house?" she asked, her eyes tearing up a bit.

 "Yeah, of course! You know just because we didn't talk for so long doesn't mean we're not still... You know... Friends"

 "Friends, right" she responded. I could feel the deflating in her voice. I looked at her taking in everything. She was wearing a leather jacket and a bunch of gold jewelry. It suited her great.

"Lou" I thought to myself., "Just take a chance, she might have feelings for you too! Come on!" I looked straight into her green eyes. "Taryn..." I said. "Do you like.. Niall? Because he definitely likes you." Her head snapped up and she looked me in the eyes.

"You really think he does? I mean, he’s adorable and really sweet but there’s someone I like way more." Oh God. There was someone she liked! A lot!

"Who?"