Ch. 18: Alas, peace

Just a heads up, this last chapter will be kind of long. It's what you all deserve after literally waiting 3 years for this. Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________

"So Kakashi," The silver haired male looked up from his plate "Uh, yes sir?" The eldest Uchiha stared momentarily before crossing his arms leaning back "What are your true intentions." his voice lowered in a more of a demanding tone rather than a questioning one.

Obito suddenly choked and the rest immediately exchanged confused looks "'Dara, what are you insinuating?" Hashirama looked over curiously whilst the Uchiha glared back making the first hokage pale and look away "I want to know your intentions with one of my kind. Speak." He growled returning his look to Kakashi.

'What the hell does he mean? Does he think I'll use Obito or hurt him?' He blinked, brain fuming trying to word out a good response. The eldest cleared his throat bringing Kakashi back from his thoughts.

"Madara, can you stop intimidating people for once! You're going to scare my boyfriend away..." Obito sighed rolling his eyes "Yeah gramps, relax." Shisui chuckled and quickly hid from Madara's piercing stare.

"I...have no ill intentions with Obito, if that's what you're wondering sir." He cursed his voice for cracking "Oh, you don't." He abruptly stood up "How can I trust a mere weakling like you to be capable in caring for him. You failed previously so why must I believe you." They all simultaneously gulped "MADARA!! WHAT THE HELL??" Obito also stood up facing Madara "WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?!!" His face reddening and eyes twitching in pure anger. "He failed you once. He will do it it again. Once a failure always a failure and that is what you do NOT need." He barked back.

An awkward silence soon filled the entire dinning room.

"Madara. That was unnecessary, rude and uncalled for." Hashirama softly spoke up reaching out to his lover "Oh shut up Hashirama!" He yanked his arm away and then suddenly hands slamming on the table caught their attention "YES I KNOW I FAILED TO PROTECT OBITO ONCE BEFORE. EVERYDAY I HAD TO LIVE IN GUILT. IN MISERY...in regret for not being stronger then. I hated myself and I still do for not being able to keep him safe...but now I have a second chance. A chance to prove to myself and everyone else that I am stronger. I can and the only thing I will do is protect Obito with all my heart and strength. Whether you like it or not I don't give a shit! If you dare so to try to break us apart I will kill you!"

Madara chuckled "A puny weakling like you threatening me? I am a god compared to you, runt. With just a finger I can destroy you. Doesn't this seem familiar to you? You acting all high and mighty yet lost to a group of other runts. You're nothing but a joke, Hatake." In a blink of an eye Kakashi had lept over the table, lightning sparkling in his right hand an inch away from the unfazed Uchiha. He growled protesting against the first's wood style jutsu. "Kakashi, calm down." Hashirama ordered and soon after Kakashi began to relax "..." He was released and proceeded to storm out of the house. All mouths gaping wide open. A smirk slowly crept onto the eldest Uchiha's mouth "This one. I like him. A lot. He's great." He laughed and the others just sighed. Obito had gone after Kakashi.

____________________________________________________________

"Bakashi! Hey!" The silver haired male blinked and shook his head "Oh. Sorry. I was in deep thought..." He looked away "Obito...I..." Tears started forming in the corner of his eyes "Shh, baka. You have nothing to apologize for and nothing to explain." Obito pulled him into an embrace soothing him "I'm sorry about Madara though. He can be a pain in the ass most of the time...but he can be one of the best once you get to know all of him." He sighed happily still clinging onto his lover.