8

Ever since the Roy incident, Manny hasn't been himself. He's had bad nightmares, waking up the entire house screaming. He's not been this bad since he watched The Nightmare before Christmas. Poor kid. He cried when Robin killed a butterfly/ pesky bee, so the fact that his own dad tried to kill his best friend... wow. He's never away from Harry's side, scared Roy is going to pop out of nowhere. You've been thinking a lot about what Paige said. He got some of them to do stuff they wouldn't in real life...? Real life? So it was a fantasy? You're so confused.
"Paige?"
"Yeah?"
"What did you mean about Roy and "real life"?"
Paige sighs. "Come with me." She leads you into her room, which you've only just noticed you've never been in. One wall has been covered in an incredible painting, actually on the wall. It's got dragons and unicorns and cats and witches and stuff. "Did you do this?" You ask her.
"Yeah. It's my best work. Anyway, come here." She reaches under her bed and feels around. She pulls out a Pringles can. "Oh, that's where they went!" She says, before carrying on. She pulls out a box. "Here it is." She opens it up. She begins to pull things out. A notebook, a clock, a dead butterfly, a computer and an old steak and spinach can. You begin to worry that Paige has gone insane, and back away. "This... is us."
"What?"
She puts a hand on the notebook.
"This is me."
"No, Paige. That is a notebook."
"Yes. And it is also me."
"You're crazy."
"And correct."
She grabs the clock.
"That's Tony."
"No. This is old junk that you keep in a box, Paige. It's not any of you."
"I'm right. Ask anyone."
"The butterfly?"
"Shrignold."
"No."
"Yes. The computer is Colin, and the steak and can is Steve and Kat."
A part of you begins to believe her. "Roy did this to you? You got turned into a notebook?"
"Not exactly. It all took place in our heads, we were kinda dreaming at the same time. We were in a weird world where it was always the 19th of June. Everything was cartoony and weird and we sung weird songs... it was just weird. We were under his control."
"How did you get this stuff, then?"
"I was out on a walk and I saw a house. I recognised it, but couldn't remember why. I went in. It was empty, nobody living there, and I realised it was the hour from my dream. I grabbed all this stuff. I don't know why, it was an awful dream." She begins to put everything back in the box. "Now you know." She says, shoving it under the bed.
"Does anyone else know?"
"No. It would just upset them. We don't talk about it anymore. They would be so annoyed with me if they found out I had this stuff, so please don't talk about it, okay?"
"Okay."