4

Today is different, you can tell. It all starts when you go downstairs, and instead of the usual Merry tone that goes on in the kitchen, it seems... sad. Paige is sat on a chair rather than the table, and is drinking black coffee (something she swears she hates), Steve looks like he is in disbelief, and Kat is silent and staring at her lap.
"What's the matter?" You asked
"It's awful." Paige's voice is barely a whisper.
"What's awful?"
"It's Harry. He was out last night," Paige begins to tear up "He didn't see the car. He's in the hospital." She begins to full-on sob. Tony comes into the room, and strokes her hair lovingly. "Harry's in the hospital?! Well, we need to go there! Now!" You say. They begin to explain to you that it isn't  visiting time yet, but you are already out of the door. You run like Lightning McQueen to the hospital. You run past the front desk, and the lady tells you that it isn't  visiting time yet, but you carry on running. You woosh past the hospital rooms, looking left and right, when you see him. You wander into the room. You see he is asleep. You reach out and brush his hand. He's freezing. Your vision mists. You cry. You let every tear out because the person you love is dying and you want it all to be normal.

To be continued...