Stay With Me

Camila comes back into the room 5 minutes later with a smile on her face, “We have a new friend you guys!”

I shake my head, “Can I have my phone back? It’s kinda my lifeline here.”

Normani raises her hand, “Yass shorty, I know how you feel. I cannot live without my cellular device.”

“Cellular device? Who says that?” I joke, squinching up my face.

“Touche.” She raises an eyebrow, smirking and Camila hands me back my phone.

“Your friends weren’t being nice to me.” Austin says, looking up at Camila with puppy dog eyes.

“Aww, did the poor Austin-Wawstin get his wittle feeling hurt?” Lauren wailed, trying her best to sound like a crying kid.

I giggle.

“What did you do to him?” Mila insists, standing with her hand on her hip.

“Nothing, we just laughed at him a little. Only a little.” Dinah replies, shaking her head at Austin.

He pouts even more, but this time we don’t pay him any attention.

“Where’s Ally?” Mila asks, and we realize she’s been gone for a while now.

Everybody shrugs, and then turns to me, “Why don’t you go find her?” Austin suggests.

“She would really love that,” DJ cooes, “She would be like, ‘You appreciate me!!’”

I smile, I really wanna make Ally happy, “Fine.”

I get up and walk outside, and when I don’t spot her, I start to walk down the hallway. I hear her voice. She’s somewhere down the hall by the vending machines. I speed up to walk down there, but then stop short when I hear what’s being said.

“Ally, I don’t like this at all.”

“...It’s not your decision. She’s my child, and I’m not letting her go.”

I hear a sigh, and I can tell it’s a guy, “She’s like, 16. She’s not a child!”

My blood goes cold-Ally and whoever that is are talking about me. About letting me go.

“Troy, please, give it a chance. I couldn’t bring her back even if I wanted to! I’m disappointed in you. I don’t even want to talk to you.”

“Ally, wait-”

“Troy, let go of my arm…”

“Allyson. Think about it. Think about us.”

“Troy…”

I’ve heard enough. I turn around and speed down the hallway, into the elevator, and out of the hotel, into the rainy cold.