The Aftermath

Dinah didn’t kill me at the zoo. Actually, she didn’t talk to me the entire time. She’s not talking to me now. That is why right now she’s all the way across the room ignoring me while the other girls went out to get Chinese food. I glance over at her and see that her back is turned to me. I pick up a pillow and hurl it across the room before going back to my phone. A few minutes later, it comes flying back at me at record speeds, knocking me off the bed, “OUCH! OW OW OW OW! DINAH, HELP!” She’s on my side of the room in an instant, “Omigosh little one, are you okay?” I glare at her, “I’m not little. I just want you to talk to meee!” She glares at me, “You are such a little faker, you know that? I’m mad at you.”

“Whyy? It wasn’t my fault. I didn’t want you to cry, I just wanted to have some fun!”

“Yeah, it was really fun for me to think that some creepy panda was stalking me.” She states sarcastically.

“I’m sorry, DJ…” I stick my bottom lip out and hit her with the puppy dog eyes, “Forgive me?”

She rolls her eyes, sticking her hand out to help me up, “Fine. You’d better be glad I’m happy you’re a prankster.”

“I am.” I smile, pulling her into an unexpected hug, “I thought I was gonna have to get my Twitter followers in on this.”

“Nah,” she says, ruffling my hair, something that I absolutely hate, “I was gonna forgive you as soon as I got mah Chinese food.”

“I hope Camila doesn’t forget my Lo Mein, because, like, bruh.”

Dinah starts laughing as we sit on the bed, “Ha, you said that to that little girl and she looked like she was ready to smack the Harmony outta you.”

“Because, like, she has a whole iPhone 6. I’m still on 4. Please, I’m still on -2.4.”

DJ laughs harder, “That’s because you’re too busy on your laptop to upgrade.”

“I’m always on this laptop.” I shrug, “I’ll upgrade when Youtube pays me again.”

“How does that work?”

“It’s really a lot. I had to go through and get copyrights, make sure the videos were appropriate for all ages, and have a ton of Channel views. I’m a YouTube partner, basically.”

“So, do you make a lot?”

“Not really, it’s like, a few dollars per ad. Plus, it depends on how many views I get.”

She nods, “You’d make a lot more if you were recording your music and selling it…”

“I’ve never really considered that.”

“You’re ‘famous’ in a way, so it wouldn’t be a lot to do. Plus, we could get you in the studio if we talk to Stephen.”

“Speaking of, when do you guys have to be back working?”

“We’re kind of sort of still on the Austin Mahone tour, but we’re taking a small break and visiting hospitals, doing small shows and interviews, stuff like that. We’re going to New York Tuesday night.”

“For what?”

“We’re gonna be back on the Today show for an interview, and then I promised Lauren we would take you shopping.”

“You don’t have to,” I smile, “I don’t really like shopping.”

Her jaw hits the floor, “Are you crazy?”

I shake my head, “No, I’m just really lazy, and trying on clothes is really hard.”

“Paige. I’m lazy, too. That is not an excuse.”