Chapter Forty-Two- Peter In Control

Lydia dragged me into Allison's room, her hands full of Macy's bags.

"Clear your schedule! This is gonna take a while." She said peppily.

Lydia waved the bags around and I smiled at Allison as we all walked over to her bed. I stared at all the outfits she was putting on the bed. I don't even wear that amount of different clothing in a week.

Allison chuckled breathlessly, "Wow. How many outfits are you planning to wear tonight?"

"It's my birthday party." Lydia smiled. She pulled out a striped, short dress with various levels of blacks, whites, and grays, "I'm thinking host dress." Then she put the dress down.

"Then evening dress, then after hours casual."

Wha-- I was going to wear jeans and a flannel to her party. And she's going to wear three different outfits? I need to step up my outfit game.

Allison took in a deep breathe, "I notice that you didn't send out any invites." She clasped her hands together.

"Biggest party of the year, Allison." The redhead put a new dress onto the bed, "Everyone knows." 

"I was wondering if, you know... this year, things... might be different." Allison replied awkwardly.

"Why would anything be different?" Lydia asked, going through more of her Macy's bags.

"Just 'cause things have been off lately. Things, and people... Like Jackson." Allison smiled at her best friend.

Lydia looked up coldly, "What do you care about Jackson?"

Allison shook her head a bit, cracking a smile, "Do you know if he's coming tonight?"

"Everyone's coming." Lydia said, almost sounding like she was..... Hypnotized.

Hypnotized.

"Too bad. You're going to comply anyway." Peter's voice echoed throughout my head as I flashbacked to that vision.

I was snapped out of it by a knock on the wall.

"Mrs. Argent. What do you think of this one?" Lydia smiled, holding up a short, blue dress.

She gave a little laugh, "It's lovely. Allison, can I grab you for a moment? Moment to talk. Just the two of us."

I furrowed my eyebrows. What now?

"Um, can we do it later?" Allison nearly whispered.

"Actually, to be honest, sooner would be better." She replied, rubbing her shoulder.

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking away. She was rubbing her shoulder.. Is that a secret hunter's code? Can't be. I would know by now.

"Party's at ten." Lydia smiled, flipping her hair.

"And you'll be around before then?" Mama Argent smiled.

"I think so."

"You think so."

"I don't know." Allison snapped.

And then left Mama Argent.

~~~

I saw some of the other sophomores walking up to Lydia's house. I walked up to them and they looked at me oddly, speed walking away.

Or not.

I took a deep breathe, and then smiled. Tonight is my night. Well, not to murder people. Who cares about Peter? PSH. He can go read The Fault in Our Stars and get spoiled about the ending in the middle of it. That happened to me. It was very, very painful.