Chapter Thirty-Six- Curly Fries.

"Oh what the hell is this." The sheriff said as he bit into his burger.

"Veggie burger." Stiles said.

"I asked for a hamburger." He retorted.

"Well veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." Stiles held up his salad.

The sheriff looked at me, "Then why does she have curly fries?"

I looked up with half a curly fry in my mouth. I looked around and it fell onto my lap.

"She threatened to never let me win at video games again, so." Stiles muttered.

I snorted. He knows I let him win.

The sheriff groaned when he found celery and carrots, "Aw, hell. Are you trying to ruin my life?"

"Just eat it, and tell me what you found." Stiles said referring to the Jackson case.

"I can't share confidential police work with two teenagers." The sheriff replied.

I shoved another curly fry in my mouth, "I like to think of myself as a mature adult." I said muffled from the fry.

The sheriff looked over at me, "Mhm."

Was that sarcastic? Most likely. Maybe the curly fries aren't helping my situation.

Stiles squinted, "Is that the case on the board behind you?"

The sheriff looked behind himself, "Don't look at that."

And then, me and Stiles started moving our heads around to see what he has.

"Avert your eyes."

Cue more moving.

"Hey!"

"Aver-"

"It's just-"

"Your-"

"I see-- arrows! Pointing to pictures!"

"Okay, okay stop. Fine. I found somethin'. The mechanic and the couple that was murdered. They all had something in common." The sheriff sternly said.

"All three?" I asked.

"Yeah. You know what I always say. One's an incident, two's a coincidence-"

"Three's a pattern." Stiles interrupted.

"The mechanic, the husband, the wife. All the same age. All 24." The sheriff continued.

"What about Isaac Lahey's dad, he isn't even near 24?" Stiles asked.

"Which made me think that either A, Lahey's murder wasn't connected, Or B, the ages were just a coincidence. Until I found this," He held out a folder to us, "Which would be C."

I peered over as I hurriedly put curly fries in my mouth and chewed quickly.

"Did you know, that Isaac Lahey had a brother named Candon?"

Yeah.

"Died in combat." Stiles muttered.

"If he were alive today, take one guess at how old he would be."

I looked up, "24." And another fry out of my mouth.

I stood up and went to the board behind him.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What if.. same age means the same class? Like at school."

Stiles and the Sheriff both came from behind me.

"Did you think of that dad?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah... Well I would have. I just got Lahey's file an hour ago."