Day 11: Missing

N a v y   B l u e

D a y   E l e v e n

   When we woke up the next day, the water was all gone. It literally vanished. Like magic. We all suffered a cold night without any proper toilet - don't get me started on that - but we managed to save everything, so that was great.

   "Well that was redundant," Ace sighed, picking himself up from the sofa. "Let's take a break. I need to get tanned." I nodded, collecting all our things and walking back into our room.

   "Yeah, we need a break. Why they filled our room with water, we'll never know," Terra said, helping me carry the pillows back in. Ace shrugged and I decided we all would go to the beach and stay there for a bit.

   I changed into some decent clothes after moving everything we brought outside back in. Ace just threw on some shorts and a white shirt, while Terra did his hair and put on shorts as well but with a green shirt. We went down the now working life and to the beach.

   The beach was, surprisingly empty. There was not a single soul at the beach. The beach was usually averagely crowded, but now it wss empty. Besides the three of us.

   "Where's everyone?" Terra asked. Ace snorted.

   "Obviously not here," he answered. I rolled my eyes. This was serious business. If the gangs were behind this, how had they gotten rid of so many people? Bribery, probably.

   "If they got rid of everyone..." Terra's voice trailed off as I finished his sentence.

   "Then what about Mum and Dad?" Terra's face paled and Ace looked worried. "Let's check their room." We raced back to our parents' room, Ace somehow managing to body slam the door open. Our parents' room was empty, as if no one had even stayed there. We searched the room, but found nothing. Until Terra called us over from under the bed.

   "There's a note here and it says we have to go to this building and join their gang to save mum and Dad," he informed, handing me a note. I read through it, frowning at the hand drawn map. It was in some sort of code, I think. Well, all we had to do was decode it.

   * * *

   "We need to go through the kitchen, into the dustbin, through some sort of secret tunnel, climb up mamy stairs, jump down from the top of the many stairs then go into a building," I recited, after two hours of decoding. We weren't the brainy types, more of the physical types, so decoding wasn't our thing.

   Terra nodded, skipping out of the door. He seemed quite cheerful, and I wanted to know why.

   "We just need to follow the instructions, then we're good," I said, clutching the map in my hands. The other two nodded, then we followed the map.

   Into the hotel kitchen we went, and seeing how empty the place was scared us. What had the gangs even done to the people?

   "Please don't say we're actually going in there," Ace says when we reach the huge bin at the back of the kitchen. Terra lifted up the lid, peering in and pinching his nose.

   "Eww no," he shuddered, tossing the bin lid open for us all to smell. I smiffed the air, my nose wrinkling as the smell hit me. It stank. Like, really, really stank. It stank of skunk fart, disgusting rotten cabbage, dogs droppings and Ace's colgane. Which, all combined smelt just gross. I pinched my nose,shaking my head.

   "We're so not going in there," I agreed, backing away from the bin. Ace shrugged, pinching his nose and climbing in. Terra and I stood there, shocked. I can't believe he just did that. That was by far the grossest thing in the world. Terra and I exchanged glances, then crept over to the bin.

   "Ace?" I called out. A muffled answer came from inside the bin and I took a step back. Terra peered into the bin, then leapt back as a stink cloud flew out of the bin. I fanned my face, trying to breathe in as little of the stench as possible.

   "Come down, there's a tunnel here," Ace repeated, but much clearer this time.

   "Oh well. Time to get dirty," Terra grumbled. I sighed, then crawled into the bin. People say they like getting down and dirty. Well, I'm saying otherwise. The tunnel was dark and damp. Terra was muttering nursery rhymes behind me and Ace was farther up in the tunnel.

   "Guys, hurry. I see something," Ace called out. His words seemed to echo around and Terra jumped. I comfortingly held his hand, guiding him along the dark tunnel. Terra was scared of the dark because he never knew what was going to happen, which was something he hated. He liked knowing the future and stuff. He's weird, I guess. We reached the place where Ace had been waiting for us and saw what he meant. There was a steep staircase going up. Into more darkness.

   "Up we go," I said, then led the way up. After a few steps, I made the mistake of looking down to check on the others. I saw how far I was from the ground. Like, super far up. I began to panic, my breaths coming fast and I felt dizzy.

   "Ace," I gasped out. Ace muttered something and he sighed, carrying me bridal style up the stairs. Heights was always something I was afraid of, sadly. It was unexplainably, like Terra's weird fears. When we reached the top, Ace let me stand up, which I did rather shakily. It was like at the Flying Fox tower, except that there was no rope. Ace peered over the edge.

   "There's water at the bottom," he said. I nodded my head weakly and Ace shrugged, jumping off. Terra followed him and I was left alone. Maybe I could ge back down the stairs and find a way into the water down below... But no such luck. The water was caged in, so I either jumped or I ditched my brothers.

   Like that's going to happen. I hopped down after them, praying silently as I squeezed my eyes shut. My feet hit the water and soon I was fully submerged. I calmed down a little and swam up to the surface where Ace and Terra were threading water.

   "There's light underwater," Terra says. I arched a brow, then gestured at my brothers to follow me as I plunged into the water, all the panicking I had done before gone. I saw what Terra meant. There were, in fact, lights underwater, which was ratehr weird. We swam towards them - fully clothed - and entered the tunnel where the lights came from. Somehow, there was no water in the tunnel and we walked down it shivering. We found a small room with a bed in it and decided to rest there.

   "I'm tired," Terra yawned. "It's six." I rolled my eyes, but silently agreed with him. All that excitement had tired me out. I tossed the blankets onto the ground and Terra lay down on them, Ace sleeping on the bed and me sharing the blankets with Terra.

   "We'll just take a short nap," I warned, feeling my eyes droop and before I kmew it, I was asleep.

     V a c a t i o n  S t a t u s :

   - D a y   E l e v e n : Missing

   * * *

A u t h o r ' s   N o t e :

   This was a long chapter... Hope you guys enjoyed it! XD

   Thanks again for the votes and comments - I really appreaciate it! Share this story with your friends!

   Comment, vote, fan, share!

D a t e   s t a m p :

   22 October 2014

W o r d   C o u n t :

   841 words