Day 10: Flooding

N a v y   B l u e

 D a y   T e n

   Camping in our hotel room with injuries had been our best choice yet. We stocked up on loads of food, water and nonsense, all just to prevent our parents from finding out about the attack. We had decided that we didn't trust them, so we kept everything that happened a secret. It was easy.

   There were still bruises on my neck, cheek and stomach, and Ace had a bruised eye, arm and leg. His stomach had a few on it, but he was otherwise okay. Terra, on the other hand, had bruises on his chest and his ankle was more twisted than ever. He claimed that it hardly hurt, but I didn't really believe him.

   Triplet 'telepathy'.

   "We can't hide forever," Terra complained. I shrugged. Our parents had called us about an hour ago, and we told our parents we missed out on our favourite cartoons and wanted to catch up. They accepted it, but with lots of hesitation.

   "We can try," I replied. We had been camping out since we got back until now, and Terra was sick of being indoors. We had cleaned our clothes and just sat around, playing the Game Of Life, watching television or just eating and ordering food.

   "We need to do more research about which gangs and how they work," Ace suggested, hopping onto the bed with me and Terra. I rolled my eyes.

   "Except the wifi sucks," I pointed out, gesturing at my phone. Terra laughed, fishing the Dubstep book out of my bag. Oh. That. Terra passed the book to me and I flipped back to our parents' pages. I skimmed the pages, my eyes landing on two words in bold.

   Night Robbers.

   "What a dumb name," Ace laughed once I read the gang name out loud. Terra laughed in agreement, shaking his head. I rolled my eyes.

   "Dark Knights is another," I read, grinning. "And aparently they're the top two fiercest gangs." Ace burst into laughter and Terra barely contained his. I, like Ace, just openly laughed. We were rather scared that there could be cameras present, but it was just too funny.

   "What sort of gang names are those?" Ace gasped out. Terra slapped him, shushing him.

   "A stupid one," I replied, stopping my laughter. Terra nodded his head, bouncing up and down on the bed.

   "They're so alike," he commented. I shrugged, closing the book and stuffing it back into my bag, saying, "Maybe we can research more on them, too."

   Ace arched a brow, saying nothing. He was still sore after the attack, and he's been distancing himself from me. The two claimed I went mental for a few seconds, and almost killed my attacker, but I remembered none of it. I only remember fainting upon leaving the men's toilet.

   "It won't happen again," I promised him, wanting the three of us to stay as close as we usually were. Ace frowned, then shrugged.

   "I need to go piss," he announced. I scowled, slapping his thigh.

   "T-M-I!" I exclaimed, covering my eyes as he walked into the bathroom, laughing.

   "It's not like you've never seen Terra naked before;" he called out. My scowl deepened and I glared at the open bathroom door. He was right, though. Even as we were speaking, Terra only had a shirt on. No pants or anything.

   "Put on some pants," I ordered. Terra stubbornly shook his head and while Ace was in the toilet, I wrestled a pair of boxers onto him. Terra scolwed, turning his back to me pointedly. I rolled my eyes,letting out a huff of annoyance and picking up my phone, playing that annoying game that people call Flappy Bird.

   "Guys, you might want to see this," Ace yelled from the bathroom. I sighed, tossing my phone into my bag and dragging Terra over to the bathroom. My mouth flew open. Ace had been right - we would want to see that. Somehow, the bathtub had overflowed and water was streaming everywhere. The shower head and taps were pouring out water fast and the water was about am inch above the ground. Luckily, the bathroom was lower than the actual room, so the water didn't flow into the room.

   "Idiot! You turn the damned thing off," I hissed, reaching over and turning the handle. But it was jammed and the water flowed even faster. So that was why. Terra grabbed the nearest towel, pressing against the spout, but the towel had a limit to the amount of water it absorbed, and soon, it was dripping wet and water was flowing out from the sides.

   "You think I haven't tried?" Ace mused, crossing his arms and leaning against the toilet stall door.

   "How the hell did this happen on your watch!" I asked Ace, grabbing some of the things on the bathroom floor and tossing it onto the tables.

   "They just turned on! How was I supposed to know how they started leaking?" he said. I rolled my eyes and ushered the two out, shutting the bathroom door behind us. We ran to the main door, grabbing the handle and pressing it down, but the door refused to budge and I spun around, pressing my back against the door and clutching my jacket.

   "We're trapped again," I whispered, barely hearing myself over the sound of pouring water. Terra looked terrified and Ace was calm as he always was during a panic.

   "We need to go outside - grab everything you need for the night and get onto the balcony," he ordered. We rushed over to the bed, grabbing pillows and blankets, clothes, luggages and basically everything we brought on our trip that wasn't in the bathroom and threw them all onto the balcony. Once we were all safe on the balcony - the water had started seeping through the tiny hole under the toilet door - Ace closed the balcony door after turning on the balcony lights. Terra was afraid of the dark, and since it was night time, Terra was naturally scared.

   "I-I might have another panic attack," Terra breathed, clawing at his chest where I think his heart was. I sucked my teeth, placing pillows on the balcony sofas and arranging them to be comfortable. Ruddy hell.

   Last time we had been on the balcony was when there was a fake fire in our room, and even then the night had been really cold. Terra crawled onto a sofa, pulling a blanket over him. I gave him a hug, then crawled into another one. Ace was sleeping on the floor, protesting when I let him take the sofa.

   "Navy? Can I sleep on the ground? I'll feel better then," Terra whispered. I sighed, then shook Ace. He got the message and changed sleeping places with Terra. Ace preferred to be on the highest bunk, so being on the ground was rather weird for him. Same went with Terra, except the other way around. Boys.

   "Looks like we've got another rough night ahead of us," I sighed, before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

   Weren't parents suppose to protect their kids? Then why are ours endangering us?

     V a c a t i o n  S t a t u s :

   - D a y   T e n : Flooding

   * * *

A u t h o r ' s   N o t e :

   Thanks again for the votes and comments - I really appreaciate it! Share this story with your friends!

   Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

D a t e   s t a m p :

   21 October 2014

W o r d   C o u n t :

   1286 words