Day 4: Pit

N a v y    B l u e

D a y   F o u r

   Terra had this insane idea to trek through the nearby woods, and he used his Terra-charm to convince me. Which explained why the three of us were now lost in the woods.

   Which was also when Terra decided to lose the map and tell us he had no idea where the hell we were. I scowled, taking a sip out of my water bottle. Ace was leaning against a tree trunk, and since there was no reception here, we were stuck. All alone. Because of a brother called Terra.

   "Remind me to kill you when we get back," Ace muttered as Terra skipped around. He was the only one looking happy about this nonsense.

   "Well, at least we're together," he sing-songed. I huffed, yanking my jacket back onto my shoulders. That dummy. I hope he falls into a freaking hole.

   "Help!" I sighed, then heard a crash. I shoved Ace's arm, then dragged myself over to where Terra's voice had come from, but he was no where to be seen.

   "Terra?" I called out, a little afraid. A muffled yell came from under me and I jumped back, bumping into Ace.

   "Is he... underground?" Ace asked. I rolled my eyes. I had better not have accidentally caused that by my little 'wish'.

   "No duh, we need to find out how he got there," I said. Ace nodded, then droppped to his knees, searching the ground.

   "Terra," I yelled, straining to hear his response.

   "I'm stuck in a pit," I heard him say. I stamped my foot, wincing as Terra shouted, "The roof is falling! Save me!" Okay, so he was directly under us...

   "Must have been a trap," Ace muttered, holding up some ropes and fake leaves. "But why?" I took the rope from him, examining it. It was fake, so that meant that we were expected to go there. That meant that either Terra was pranking us, or that he was told to come here by someone else. Scary thought.

   "Did someone tell you to come here?" I asked him, raising my voice to be heard.

   "Yeah. This guy with shades. He looked like he was part of like, the mafia or something. Anyway, he was, like, 'you should go check out the woods man'," Terra made his voice deep when he said the last few words, supposedly copying the guy with shades' voice.

   "He led you into a trap!" Ace face-palmed, then snatched the rope back from me. "Go find an opening. I'll tie this to a tree and he'll climb the rope."

   Mum and Dad had thought us loads of things, saying that we needed those things in life as much as education. They were mainly made up of hand-to-hand combat, how to use weapons, edible plants, climbing anything, to stitch up wounds, knots and more. It was as if they were from the army. Huh. Never thought of that theory before.

   I grabbed one end of the rope, Ace still having the other one and was currently tying it to a tree trunk. I tossed the rope into the pit when Ace gave me the signal.

   One.

   Two

   Three.

   The sound of rope hitting the ground came after three counts, which meant it must have been at least three metres deep. Which meant the least that Terra could get was a twisted ankle.

   "Done," Terra said, and I grabbed the rope, pulling it as hard as I could. Ace joined me, and the two of us were just trying to pull that skinny boy up. Since Ace was super buff, we got Terra up in no time, and he looked much worse than he sounded. His foot was twisted at an awkward angle, and his hands, knees and head were bloody.

   "Oh gosh you hit your head!" I screeched, rushing back to our mini-camp and grabbing a water bottle and some cloth. I ran back to the other two, pouring some water onto the cloth while doing so. I dabbed the cloth gently onto Terra's head when I reached, watching as he winced in pain.

   "It hurts," he whimpered. Ace grabbed another cloth from me and firmly bandaged Terra's ankle after cleaning it. Terra was silent, only whimpering once in a while, but I knew it was painful as hell. Maybe even more. I bandaged up his head, tying it all together with a tight knot to stop the blood from flowing.

   "You okay?" I asked, concerned. Terra nodded his head slightly and I helped him to his feet.

   "How do we get back," Ace quiried. I slapped his arm, motioning for him to help Terra walk. Ace slipped Terra's hand over his head and I did the same.

   "I see something there," I pointed at something sparkly over the treetops. Terra started hobbling over in the direction I was pointing, pulling his arms back to his sides. Ace snorted and chased after him while I went back to mini-camp again to get out stuff. Hopefully, that sparkle had been light reflecting off the glass of the hotel and not just and mirage.

   I packed all our stuff into Ace's huge backpack, hoisting it over my shoulder and almost falling to my knees from the weight. It was so damn heavy!

   "Wait," I shouted, trudging after the two. "This stuff isn't light you know!"

   * * *

   We treked all the way back to the hotel, and finally made it up the stairs unseen by the guards or our parents. I guess we were lucky. I removed the bandage from Terra's head, nodding as Ace looked at me for approval to leave and find our parents. He crept out of the room, silently closing the door.

   "Your head wound's somehow stopped bleeding and I can try to pretend to sprain your ankle. Now we've got to get you clean," I muttered to Terra. He nodded tiredly, crawling out of his clothes and into the bathroom. I threw all the dirty clothes into the bin - mine were the only decent ones - and prayed that no one would ask questions.

   I then walked into the bathroom, helping Terra shower. He was sitting in the bathtub filled with water. I dumped a whole bottle of soap into it, using my hands to mix the water and soap together until I had a bubbly water.

   "It stings," Terra complained. I scoffed, then reached into the water and hrabbed one of his arms, rubbing my hand up and down it to scrub him clean.

   "Guess what I found out," Ace said as soon as he walked into the bathroom. I ignored him, taking Terra's other hand and roughly scrubbing it.

   "Mum and Dad somehow knows what's going on, although none of us told them," he continued. My hands slowed and I stared at Ace.

   "They know more than they're letting on," Terra slowly said. I scooped up his leg and rubbed it clean.

   "We need to find our more about our parent's," I decided. "Much, much more."

   "Yep. Anyway, Navy, I think you should let Ace bathe me. You're messing the bathroom up."

   V a c a t i o n   S t a t u s :

   - D a y   F o u r : Pit

   * * *

D a t e   s t a m p :

   17 October 2014

W o r d   C o u n t :

   1285 words