Day 5: Tripping

N a v y    B l u e

D a y   F i v e

   "Ace! How long are you going to take in the shower," I complained, pressing my cheek to the shower door. After all, aren't girls the ones who are supposed to hog the showers? Oh well since when did my family follow rules. The three of us were getting ready for breakfast downstairs, Terra hogging the mirror, doing god knows what. I knocked on the shower door, complaining again, then decided to use the extra mirror in the bathroom. That Terra wasn't hogging.

   "Long, now go away," Ace replied, and I heard the water start running. For the fifth time. Arghh.

   I grabbed my purse and re-adjusted my clothes, wanting to look nice. According to Mum and Dad, who were already downstairs waiting for us, it was a really fancy restaurant. I glanced at the mirror. I looked like I was wearing a rug over my shoulders, but I like the look of it and it looked fancy enough.

   "I'm so fancy," I sang, grabbing a black clip-on bow and clipping it to my hair.

   "Oh don't we know," Terra continued, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. He dragged a comb through his hair, combing it out. Terra had his hair dyed kind of blond, and it was a mixutre of brown hair and some blonde hair. It was cool, really, espicially when he pushed all his hair to the front of his head, then curve it back up like waves.

   "I'm all good," I announced, flipping my unruly hair over my shoulder. I hated it when my hair was draped over my shoulders. I preferred it behind my shoulders and away from my face. Terra stood up, grabbing his backpack and slipping his phone into it.

   "I'm almost ready," Ace said as he walked out of the shower dripping wet, a towel wrapped around his waist. I poked his stomach, then tossed him a pair of jeans and a clean shirt.

   "Wear them and let's go. We're already late," I exclaimed, grabbing my slingbag and slinging the strap over my shoulder, dashing out of the room, gesturing at Terra and Ace to follow me. We ran out of the hotel room, Ace locking it, and to the lift. Only to find the doors open and a sign hanging there.

   "'Out of order, use the stairs' - What the hell?" Ace read. Terra scowled, then pointed at a door with a small window on it.

   "The stairs are here, we'd better hurry," he said, pushing open the door. I followed after him, Ace close behind.

   "Go faster, Terra," I hissed. We were all running down the stairs at the quickest pace possible, but it was still slow. The stairs was too small for us to overtake one another and there was barely enough space for a person to fit. "I don't want to be killed by Mum."

   "I hear footsteps," Ace whispered. Terra hurried up, and I chased after him, none of us wanting to get caught in the awkward situation where we had to overtake the other people,or they try to overtake us.

   "They're right behind me," Ace panicked. I pushed Terra's back slightly, hoping he got the message and just climb onto the railing and jump down to the next one. He did so, and I was down to the next railing when I heard a yell. My head snapped upwards, my breath catching in my throat as I watched Ace tumble down the stairs...

   "Ace!" I yelled, reaching out to grab him when he rolled past me, but missed. Oh crap. I hopped off the railing, hurrying down the stairs to Ace. Terra was way ahead of me, and by the time Ace had stopped rolling down, Terra was by his side, examining his wounds. I raced down the final steps to Ace's side.

   "This is the second time you've almost died," I snorted as Ace moaned. At least that showed that he was still alive and breathing. His clothes were surprisingly clean and the only damage he took were bruises.

   "What happened?" Terra asked, his voice filled with worry. Ace heavily sat up, clutching his stomach.

   "The guy coming down. He pushed me," Ace wheezed. My eyes narrowed and I pressed my fingers to Ace's stomach.

   "Tell me when it hurts," I instructed. After one or two jabs, Ace cried out in pain. So the area near his left rib cage got hit. I'll examine it when we get back to the room later.

   "We need to go for the damned breakfast," I said. Ace shakily stood up, giving us a thumbs up.

   "I'm alright, let's go," he cheered. He hobbled over to the staircase exit and Terra followed him. I cast my eyes to the stairs once more, seeing a guy in shades speaking to someone on his phone on a higher floor. Then, he vanished. I frowned, then walked out of the door. Guy in shades... Hmm...

   * * *

   "So. We were wondering if you guys would like to go back," Dad said, nervously drumming his fingers on the table.

   "Back? Back where?" I asked. I sent Ace and Terre an arched eyebrow. We hadn't told Mum or Dad about the mishaps that had happened, so why would they suddenly want to leave? It was most suspicious.

   "Home," Mum said.

   "But why? We like it here," Terra protested. It was true. Here, when we were being pranked and all sorts, we could at least use the skills our parents had thought us. Back at home, we just trained, studied and trained and studied.

   "Have there been any... mishaps?" Dad asked. Terra's leg instantly stopped bouncing up and down. Ace opened his mouth to speak and I gave both their thighs a warning nudge with my knee.

   "What mishaps?" Ace quiried. I was almost taken in. Almost. Dad shook his head.

   "Nevermind, let's carry on with breakfast." I shot Ace and Terra a look. So they knew more than were letting on. And we needed to find out what.

    Nice that our parents tell us everything.

   V a c a t i o n   S t a t u s :

   - D a y   F i v e :  Tripping

   * * *

D a t e   s t a m p :

   18 October 2014

W o r d   C o u n t :

   1098 words