Ten - Writing or Dating?

{2 weeks later}

Laura laughs as Ross tells her another corny joke.

"You know, it wasn't that funny." Ross says with a chuckle.

Laura calms down after a bit. "Yes, yes it was."

As you can see, everything's back to normal. He promised to never ignore her ever again. Yes, he has a girlfriend but that doesn't mean he should be rude to his best friend. That's not how it's gonna work.

It'll work like it's working now. Being their dorky, flirty selves. While taking silly, pointless selfies that their fans will never see.

"Okay, come on let's start writing-" Laura starts but gets cut off by Ross' girlfriend.

Did you actually think she was out of the picture? Lol, no. She spied on Ross and Laura that night but didn't get caught. So, she's good. For now, anyways.

"Hey Ross, I was thinking we could go to the down town's park. There's going to be a light show."

Laura rolls her eyes. She tries to be nice to the young girl but she's annoying. Daisy always tries to steal Ross away while they're together or working. It's unnecessary and uncalled for. This isn't some battle...

But if it was, Laura would've totally won.

Ross bites his lip before saying, "Sorry, Laura and I have to write a song to show to our producers. We have to have it in 3 days, so I'll be busy."

Daisy frowns. "But I'm your girlfriend. Aren't you gonna make time for me?"

Ross gets stuck. He is her boyfriend. But he has to write songs with Laura. Also, he promised Laura he wouldn't choose another girl over her or ignore her. But Daisy is his girlfriend.

"Well, uh-"

Laura steps in with a smirk. "And I'm his best friend. Who has known him longer than you. Therefore, you cannot use the "girlfriend" card on Ross," Laura slightly shoves her out. "Good day."

Daisy rolls her eyes at the small brunette before leaving.

Laura closes the day and turns back around to be met with a smirking Ross. "What?"

"Someone's jealous..."

Laura scoffs and hits him. "Shut up!"

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"Okay, what should we write about?" Ross asks, handing her an ice cream bowl. They're in the park. It's a bit loud in the house and Daisy is annoying. Well, Daisy is annoying to Laura.

She grabs the ice cream and shrugs. "We usually write love songs so..."

Ross playful rolls his eyes. "I know but what is the song going to be about?"

Laura takes a bite of her ice cream. Swallowing, she answers. "I wrote something when James and I were dating."

"Let's see."

She puts her ice cream down. Then, she reaches into her bag. The brunette girl pulls out a sliver book with a small music note on it. Laura opens it. "Okay, I found it. You want to read it or want me to sing it to you?"

"You can sing it."

She nods. "Ooh boy you’re shining
Like a 5th avenue diamond. And they don’t make you like they used to. You’re never going out of style."

He joins in. " Ooh pretty baby. This world might've gone crazy. The way you save me. Who can blame me, When I just wanna make you smile? ."