Five - Penthouse

Ross' P.O.V. 

"Wow..." I say amazed as we drive through the warm Hollywood air. I can't believe they got us a limo! This is so cool! Plus, it's huge! I wonder would they let me live here...

I hear a soft sigh as I look out the window. I kind of forgot Laura was in the limo with me. She's been quite and sad every since last night. I don't even think she ate dinner and breakfast. I mean, I should know, I cooked her favorite dinner. Also, made a huge breakfast for the 4-hour plane ride.

I scoot over closer to her and ask, "Are you alright?"

Laura just continues to look out the window as she says, "I've been better."

"What's wrong? Aren't you happy? We're in California!" I tell her.

She sighs once again. "Could you just leave me alone right now, Ross?" She asks.

She's never asked me to leave her alone before. Something must be really bugging her. She's usually hyper and bubbly. Now she's just depressed and... Not Laura.

I kiss her temple and scoot back over to my seat. "Sure."

I glance back over at her and frown. Usually, her face would go red. Though, it seems like she's even more pale. If that's possible. Maybe she's sick. Laura only turns pale when she's sick. Yeah.

 .......:::::::Living The Dream Together:::::::....... 

"Okay guys, this is you're stop." The limo drivers says nicely. He gets out the car and helps us gets our bags out. Well, helps me get the bags out. Laura already went inside.

"Girlfriend moody?" The driver asks and closes the trunk.

I look at him confused. I don't have a girlfriend. Oh, he's talking about Laura! Wait, I'm not dating Laura. Why would he think that?

I tell him, "We're not dating. She has a boyfriend."

"But you like her, right?" He asks and nudges me.

For some reason, I blush. Though, I tell him, "No. She's my best friend."

He chuckles and pats my back. "You better get her before your time runs out." He tells me before getting back in the limo and driving off.

"You better get her before your time runs out." What is he talking about? I don't like Laura! Well, I like her eyes, her cooking, her personality, her- You know what? I don't like Laura!

Grabbing the rest of the bags, I go inside. I see Laura sitting on a lobby chair with tears in her eyes as she looks at her phone. Okay, now I know she's not sick. Though, once she's sees me, she quickly wipes her tears and puts a fake smile on her face.

I drop the bags in front of her. "What's wrong? This time, don't lie."

"I-I promise, it's nothing."

"Laura."

Laura doesn't answer. She just gets up and leaves to go upstairs. I was about to follow her but I see her phone on the chair she was sitting on. I just sigh and grab her phone.

"Laur, you forgot you--" I start but cut myself off as I look at the screen.

She's logged on to Instagram. But it's the picture that bothers me. It's James and my chemistry partner, Chelsey. Kissing. Though, the caption bothers me even more. 

"1 month anniversary with James. I think he's the one! :)" 

That's why she's depressed! James is cheating on her! Wait, she's been depressed before we even came to California. Something has to be bothering her other than that picture. But what exactly?