Two - You're there when I need you

Laura's P.O.V.  

"Ross! Get up!" I say, throwing a pillow at him.

"Laura, it's only... 7 o'clock," Ross says, taking a glance at his charging phone, "We have to be at school at 9. Why are you waking me up?"

"You promised I could do your hair this morning if I got up early!" I whined.

"10 more minutes." Ross whines.

"Fine but, I guess I won't be making breakfast for you." I say smirking.

"Wait, you were gonna make me breakfast?" Ross asks, perking up a bit.

"Yeah, I was but, you don't wanna get up so..." I say, acting like I was disappointed, walking out the room.

I shriek as two arms pick me up from behind and run me to the kitchen. 

"Ross!" I yell, laughing, "What are you doing?!"

Finally, he sets me down on our kitchen counter and goes to the refrigerator. 

"What are you doing, Ross?" I ask.

"I am getting out all the ingredients so you can make me breakfast! Blueberry pancakes, eggs and bacon!" He squeals. I raises an eyebrow.

Is he seriously squealing over breakfast? 

I giggle as Ross almost trips over his pajama pants. I just smile, admiring my best friend. 

I honestly couldn't ask for anything else. Ross is the greatest, funniest, and sweetest best friend anyone could ask for. I am glad I accepted his deal to move in with him when we were 17. I know what your thinking, Don't you have to be 18 to live by yourself? To answer your question, yes, you do.

But Ross' mom died and that was all he had. We were friends before she died. We actually were 15 years old when she passed away. The state found out and tried to take Ross away but, we ran away. We walked about 4 miles to my uncle's house, who's like a billionaire. We told him our situation and he cleared up a few things with the state so they wouldn't have to put him in foster care.

After everything, Ross lived in this apartment and I would visit him and sleep over almost everyday. One day, Ross told me to come over his house. It was pouring outside so, when I got there I was soaked. I didn't even get a chance to hi because I was brought into a tight hug. After he pulled away, he asked me to move in with him. I asked my parents and they approved it but, they always checked up on us.

My uncle pays our bills and everything for us. He gives us money for food, clothes, furniture, and other things. We always help him with stuff to pay him back. We usually just help him file stuff and do his taxes. But he says that's okay. Actually, he owns the building so, no one else can live here. We practically have it to ourselves.

"Okay, now since I got everything out the refrigerator, will you make my breakfast?" Ross begs, pulling me out my thoughts.

I jump down from the counter. "Sure," I say, pushing him out the kitchen, "Go get dressed and breakfast should be done by then."

"Thank you!" Ross says excitedly before kissing my temple and running out.

"You are such a 10 year old!" I yell. 

.....

I flip the last pancake and put two plates on the table. 

"Ross, breakfast!" I yell.

"Thank you!" Ross says, taking my plate and sitting at our table.

"That was mine!" I whine.

Ross sighs and stands up with my plate in his hand.