Sixteen - A Happy Ending

"If you forget the lyrics tonight I will actually consider ripping your face off," Laura tells Ross while she adjusts her ear piece, looking in the mirror. "You've been fucking them up all week."

Ross whistles from behind her, sitting on couch inside her dressing room. "You rarely use that word. I like it; use it more."

Laura stops for moment, glaring at him in her mirror. "Shut up," she says, reaching over to grab her lipstick. "And stop staring at my ass."

"What's up with you being all snappy? It's not your time of the month."

She pauses as the makeup product is on the middle of her bottom lip. Laura glares at him again in the mirror before throwing the lipstick down. "That's so rude to say! I've told you I hate it when you say that!"

Ross jumps in his spot from her sudden outburst. Slowly standing up, he makes his way over to her and rubs her back. "I'm sorry. What's up?"

After years of being together, he'd know when she's in one of her moods. And her moods didn't include in being snappy; maybe tears, ignoring everyone, and being quiet, but she was never snappy.

"I'm fine." Laura shrugs him off, shaking her head and moving from the mirror to go put of the room.

Ross grabs her hands with both of his and intertwines them together. He pulls her closer to him and raises an eyebrow. "What's up?" He asks once again.

Laura swallows and sighs, looking in his eyes before turning to the ground. "I-I was up a few weeks ago in the middle of the night for some water and-and you were speaking with someone about... um, proposing."

"And you're mad about that because...?" He trails off, looking confused. "We've discussed marriage so many times in the last four years, it shouldn't be so shocking and even if it were, you shouldn't be mad about it."

"But you kept doubting everything about our relationship. You said my attitudes would ruin the marriage, or I'd end up pregnant this early in our career, saying we'd get tired of being together... It just sounded like you weren't happy with me and you aren't sure at all.?

"I was on the phone with Ariana. She told me to think about all the negative things that shouldn't happen and make sure it doesn't become a probably in the future. I wasn't sure about proposing at the time, so I called her." Ross explains, giving her a small grin. "I love you, Laura. Please, don't ever think I don't."

"I love you, too," she smiles, unlocking their hands and instead hugging his middle. "I should talk to you about my problems more instead of just getting angry."

"I'd appreciate that." He smiles, hugging her back.

"C'mon, we have to be on stage in a bit."

---

"That was a great show," Ross comments once they get inside their limo to drive back to their home.

Yes, they do, in fact, have a home now. The penthouse was only until they found somewhere else after they settled down for a bit and adjusted to Hollywood. It wasn't too big, but it was enough for the both of them. Of course, when the fans found out, it was a crazy experience. To negative to positive to dirty comments.

"Mhmm..." Laura hums, kicking off her heels and crawling into his lap. Her head cuddles in the crook of her neck and closes her eyes.