12 | hidden feelings

twelve.
hidden feelings

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
»»————- ♔ ————-««

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
note: this oneshot was requested
by Miyatone, SomewhatAnEmo
and YuriLeeHill.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Harith stared at the letter that he had gotten three days ago. It was from the Headmaster, and he had received news saying that he will have a housemate. He had been living alone in the house provided by the academy for a while now, and he had grown comfortable with it. So, seeing how he was going to have some company, he wasn't entirely sure of how to feel. The letter said that his new housemate would be moving in today, so he wondered who it might be.

"It must be a new hero," he said to himself. His eyes then looked up thoughtfully. "But there isn't any announcement about someone new coming to this academy."

He let out a sigh before placing the white piece of paper down. He had been trying to figure out who would be the one moving in with him, but he had no clue. There were a lot of heroes that could possibly be his new housemate. He could cancel out the ones who were already in a relationship—because they would live together—but that still left him with so many guesses.

Who could his new housemate be?

The doorbell rang, and Harith stood up to answer it. He could feel the excitement building inside his chest, and he realised that he was actually excited to be able to live with someone. However, when he opened the door, he was surprised to find a pair of green eyes staring at him. The figure was way shorter than him, probably hasn't even reached his shoulders, and it soon occured to him that his new housemate was a certain Mage Genius.

Harley Vance.

Before he could even speak, Harley had beat him to it. "Wait– you're my new housemate?!"

A bead of sweat rolled down Harith's forehead. It wasn't as if he disliked the mage standing in front of him, but, for some weird reason, Harley seems to hate him. At first, he wasn't sure why the Mage Genius would avoid talking to him or make eye-contact. But then he found out that Harley was actually jealous of him because he took his top spot as the best mage. Not only that, but the mage claimed that he had stole all of his friends. He swore that it wasn't intentional, but Harley seemed to believe that he was purposely doing all of those.

"Hey, Harley," Harith greeted, rather awkwardly. He noticed how the mage was carrying a large box, and he quickly made way to allow the mage to pass. "Want me to help you carry some of your stuff?"

Harley looked away with a scoff. He kicked off his shoes before entering his house. "I haven't been here for more than a minute, and you're already looking down on me."

Harith frowned. He wasn't looking down on him, all he wanted to do was just help. Since it looked like Harley was struggling lifting the current box in his hands, he thought that he could use some assistance. "I'm just offering some help."

"And I don't want it," Harley responded coldly before walking up the stairs. With Harith's enhanced hearing, he could hear the mage panting as he went up.

Harith felt like shaking his head. He had no idea how long Harley was going to act all hostile with him, but he figured that it would take a pretty long time before he could have a decent conversation with him. He watched as Harley went back and forth, carrying the boxes that were almost bigger than him. Harith couldn't help but feel sorry that he couldn't help him. It was amazing how the mage was independent, but he could at least let him lift some of his burdens.