03 | out of breath

three.
out of breath

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
»»————- ♔ ————-««

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Harley and Harith were currently heading over to the training room. Harith could feel Harley's eyes piercing the back of his skull, all because he had forced the mage to intertwine their fingers. He had no idea why the mage was so embarrassed to display their relationship in public. It wasn't as if no one knew that they were together. But he should've known that Harley was the shy type and would want to avoid any attention drawn to him. And, with their hands locked together, Harith had happily swung his hand, earning glances from the other heroes they passed.

Of course, this led to Harley glaring daggers at him the whole way. He knew that it was bad to get on the mage's demonic side, but he couldn't help but want to tease the mage. It had always been so fun seeing the mage all blushy. Though, this time, he may have gotten the mage's wrath instead.

They almost reached the training room, when Harith decided to break the somewhat tensed silence. He looked at the mage behind him. "What's with the long face, Harley?" He let go of the mage's hand just to pull at those rosy cheeks. It earned him a deadlier glare—which he happily ignored. "Is it because you were forced to hold hands with me the whole way?"

"Not only that, but you wouldn't stop kissing me and calling me cute while people are looking." Oh yeah, and that too. No wonder the mage was annoyed with him. Harley then slapped his hand away from his cheeks and walked past him. "Tonight, you're sleeping on the couch."

Ah, the horror. Maybe he went too far.

Harith gave him one of his innocent smiles. "Come on, Harley. You know I'm just joking."

Harley rolled his eyes before entering the training room. Harith followed behind him, and they both were greeted by Nana, Cyclops and Kimmy, who were relaxing at the sitting area.

"Yo, my dudes!" Kimmy said, pointing finger guns at the two of them. When she saw Harley looking all gloomy, she went closer to him and gasped. "Uh oh, Harith. What did you do?"

Harith rubbed the back of his head with a sheepish smile. "I may have forced him into doing something he didn't want to."

Nana crossed her arms and raised a brow. "You mean purposely tease him in public just to see him all embarrassed?"

"Yes, but, as you can see," Harith gestured at Harley, earning a deep frown from the mage himself. "His current expression is not how I expected it to be. And... it may have earned me the couch tonight."

Nana, Kimmy and Cyclops shook their heads in sync.

"It seems you all are here."

Eudora entered the room, floating lazily above the floor. She looked at each individual in the room before nodding in satisfaction. As far as Harith was concern, there were only five people training today at the Mage Section. The rest were either on a holiday or on a mission.

"Harley, Harith, let's start with you," Eudora said, pointing at the both of them. "Kimmy, Cyclops, Nana, you sit down first."

The three mages motioned towards the couches in the distance. All of them were grinning at each other, and Harith knew that it was because they were excited to see the both of them duel. On normal days, Harith would be excited too, but since it looked like he had angered the younger mage, he could only brace himself for the hell Harley was about to throw at him.

Right now, he was facing the Mage Genius, a short distance only keeping them apart. He gave the mage a grin, only to earn himself slitted eyes.

Yes, he was definitely sleeping on the couch tonight.