08 | possessive

eight.
possessive

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
»»————- ♔ ————-««

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
note: this oneshot will be split
into two parts. hence, the roman
numbers.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

i.

"Harley, come on, the next session is starting soon."

Harith watched as Harley merely rolled his eyes before quickening his pace just a little more. He knew that the Mage Genius had always hated physical education. He could study for hours or do house chores, but, when it comes to exercising, the mage hated it with a passion. Harith would always have to hear his complaints about why mages needed to work out when they could just use their magic and so on. He knew that the prominent thing about mages was their magic, but they needed to keep their bodies healthy too.

Harley grunted all of a sudden before fidgeting with the strap of his bag over his shoulder. "This sucks. Why do we have two hours of physical education? Are they secretly planning to kill us?"

Harith sighed. "No, Harley, they're trying to keep your body fit. What if you run out of Mana and you can't use your magic during a battle?"

"I know but–" Harley rubbed his face and glowered at the changing room in front of him. "I hate physical education. You need to run, jump, carry heavy items–"

Harith could only smile faintly as the mage started rambling about the bad parts of physical education. To be honest, he doesn't mind all the running and exercising. He had always loved it. He was actually surprised when he found out that Harley hated exercising. His magic had always involve him running away. But Harley claimed that he didn't need to improve his stamina because it was already good.

"–end all sweaty. Am I right?" Harley continued, looking at him. Harith stiffened when he realised he didn't hear the whole thing. Harley must've known that he hadn't been listening, because he just sighed and said, "You weren't listening, were you? Nevermind."

"Harley, physical education isn't that bad," Harith said, sending him an apologetic smile. The Mage Genius scoffed, and Harith felt the need to pull the mage closer by wrapping his arm over his shoulder. "Come on, you need it too. Your magic involves running."

"But I hate it when people forces me to run."

"I know, I know. Just bear with it for a while, okay?"

Harley gave a small nod before smiling a little. Harith couldn't help but feel relieved that the mage doesn't look all grumpy. But the moment they entered the changing room, Harith wanted to groan out loud when he realised that it was full of people.

"Great, the changing rooms must be full," Harley mumbled, looking around. Some people were changing outside of the changing rooms. Harley placed his bag on the floor and take his hat off. "I am not going to wait for–"

Harith could feel something inside him tick, and he stopped Harley before the mage could start changing. Harley gave him a questioning look and tried to change again, but Harith just held his arm, preventing him from taking his clothes off.

"Hey, Harith, what's the big idea? I need to change," Harley said, his brows furrowing. When Harith continued to hold his arm, Harley scowled at him. "Harith–"

"Not here," Harith said, smiling at the mage. He could tell that some of the other men in here were eyeing Harley, and he was not going to let them have any of it. "You are going into one of those changing rooms, Harley."