13 | jealous harith

thirteen.
jealous harith

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
»»————- ♔ ————-««

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
note: this was requested by
alicansa2003 and vyslugs

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Harith had always liked Harley.

He didn't know why he was so attracted to the Mage Genius, but something about his personality catches his interest. Harley would sometimes act all boastful and arrogant, but one word from his sister and he would obey without hesitation. Well, most of the time, at least. Seeing how the mage acts around Lesley, Harith wanted that same affection too. Though, it wasn't easy to get close to the mage.

The thing is, Harith and Harley both knew that they had feelings for each other. Harley had shown signs that he had liked him back, but Harith was taking his time before he would officially confess. He knew that Harley was probably waiting, but he needed to prepare himself first. Committing to a relationship was no easy task, and Harith knew the responsibilities he needed to bear once he is with Harley. And, knowing that Lesley was Harley's guardian, he better make sure that he fits her qualifications to take care of her brother, or he would find a rifle aimed at the back of his head.

"Hey, Harith," Kimmy called, pulling Harith out of his thoughts. The mage marksman was currently walking beside Claude, who was busy checking his phone. "Have you heard about the new hero?"

Harith could feel his brows raised. He then tilted his head to the side in bewilderment. "We have a new hero?"

"Yep," Claude answered, looking up. Dexter bobbed his head excitedly. The marksman seemed to search for something on his phone, before he showed it to Harith. "Here."

Harith accepted the phone from the marksman, and his eyes widened at a photo of a girl. She was wearing a purple and black dress, the length of it reaching just above her knees. Her hair was tied up high, half of it being black while the other half was purple. He wondered whether she had purposely dyed her hair like that, but he was more focused onto her eyes. Her eyes were a dark shade of green, and it reminded him of a certain Mage Genius. Though, he was aware that the person he was thinking of had a brighter pair of those eyes.

"She's cute, right?" Claude asked, breaking the silence. Harith didn't realise that he had become quiet after staring at the photo of the new hero.

"Hmm... I guess so," Harith answered, giving the marksman a slight shrug. He wasn't that interested with her, but he knew that a lot of boys would fall for her. "What's her name?"

"I heard it was Lylia," Kimmy replied.

"Lylia," Harith repeated, his voice in a whisper. His eyes ended up staring at the photo again.

A smirk crept onto Claude's lips, and he suddenly took the phone away. He swiped his finger against his phone before keeping the device in his pocket. "Now, now, Harith. I know that she's a cutie, but you need to focus on your task. You said you wanted Harley, right?"

Harith was taken aback by the marksman's statement, and he could immediately feel his face heating up. "You don't have to remind me! You know that Harley is the only person I have my eyes on."

"Yeesh, I know that," Claude said, poking his nose in the air. "But, who knows, what if you end up being attracted to her?"

Harith shook his head. He would never fall in love with Lylia. He was determined to confess to Harley, and he will not stop practicing it in front of the mirror until he actually confesses to him. He knew that he shouldn't keep the mage waiting, but he didn't want to end up rushing things and ruin everything. So, here he was, still thinking about the words he should say to the mage. He even wrote a script for it—several times, actually—but he ended up throwing it away when he realised that it wasn't good enough.