01 | exam week

one.
exam week

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
»»————- ♔ ————-««

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
note: harley and harith are
kids here.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Poke.

"Stop."

Poke.

"Harith, you better stop it, or I swear I'll slice off your tail with one of my cards."

Harith couldn't help but grin at Harley's threat. He knew that it shouldn't be taken seriously. How come a child like him would do something so brutal? But when he looked up to meet Harley's gaze, he shuddered when he realised that the mage was serious. Because, right now, Harley was glaring at him with that look, and he had never joked before whenever he shows that expression.

"Sorry. I won't disturb you again, I promise," Harith said, giving the Mage Genius an apologetic smile. "It's just... I couldn't help myself. You were so deeply focused, it's hard not to annoy you."

Harley sighed and rubbed his temple. "You said you wanted me to do my homework here so that we can eat and you can help me with my homework. But if you're going to disturb me, might as well I do it in my room."

"Okay, okay. I won't disturb you anymore," Harith said, raising his hands as a sign of surrender. The corners of his lips then twitched upwards. "Geez, you really are serious when it comes to exams."

Harley rolled his eyes before concentrating on his math homework again. Harith watched as the smaller mage's brow furrowed, so he decided to throw a glance at the page Harley was on. Right now, Harley was doing a math equation that should be done by someone older than his age. But since he was a child prodigy, they had to give him more difficult questions, because questions for his age were too easy for him. Harith knew how to answer that question—because it was actually a question for his age—and he decided to offer some help.

"Need help?" he asked.

"No, it's fine," Harley said, shaking his head. Harith watched as his eyelids drooped before he placed his whole face onto the table.

"Harley?" Harith called, patting the mage's head. "Don't give up now! I'm here to help you if you want."

Harley grumbled something inaudible and lifted his face from the table. After staring at him for a while, only now Harith noticed that the mage looked really tired. He knew that exams were around the corner, but Harley didn't have to go this far to prove himself. He was good enough as he is, and Harith didn't know how good the mage wanted to be before he would stop pushing himself.

Harith tilted his head, his face worried, when Harley rubbed his forehead again. "Harley, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Harley mumbled, grabbing his pencil again. "I just slept late yesterday."

"What time?"

"About... three in the morning?"

Harith's eyes widened. If Harley had slept three in the morning, that could only mean one thing. "You got only four hours of sleep?! Where was Lesley? Why didn't she scold you for sleeping late?"

"She slept early yesterday, so she didn't know," Harley answered and rubbed one of his eyes. Finally, it looked like he was able to answer the question he had been staring for the last five minutes. "I mean, I had to study..."