15 | tiny troublemaker

fifteen.
tiny troublemaker

»»————- ♔ ————-««

note: this is the continuation of
"little one". the final part of
estellaux's birthday gift.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"Harith, he won't stop repeating it."

"Shet."

"And... that's the sixth time now."

There was a childlike laughter. Then, "Shet."

"Seventh time. Harith, aren't you going to do something about it?"

Harith let out a sigh before he looked at the child now sitting in the trolley. There was an innocent look on Harley's face as he glanced at him, and he let out a giggle as he clapped his hands excitedly. God, why does he look so adorable? Harith wished that he didn't have to do anything about him. However, as much as he didn't want to scold him, he surely couldn't let this continue. Firstly, it would be bad for people to see a child cursing every five minutes. Secondly, he did not want to face a rifle at the back of his head from the child's older sister.

Sorry, Harley.

"Harley," Harith called, and the small mage looked up to meet him in the eyes. The trolley he was pushing came to a halt, and he bent down so that he could look at the child eye-level. "You shouldn't say that word anymore. It's bad."

Harley blinked a few times, before he tilted his head with curiosity. "Shet?"

"Yeah, that word," Harith said, and he could feel his ears drooping on top of his head. He didn't want to say this, but he knew that it was the only way to get the mage to stop. "If you say it again, I don't want to be your friend anymore."

The smile on Harley's face instantly disappeared, and a dejected look took over his face. Harith could feel his heart aching at the mage's crestfallen expression, and it affected him more when he heard a barely audible, "'Rith?"

"Until you stop saying that word," Harith said, his voice faltering as he looked away, "I don't want to talk to you."

Kimmy and Claude exchanged worried glances with each other. They could somewhat tell that this was hurting him, and Claude was the one who leaned closer towards Kimmy to whisper, "Damn, that's harsh."

Determined to make it look like he was angry, Harith continued to look the other way with his arms crossed against his chest. Though, he made sure to keep his focus onto his hearing, just in case the mage had any response. However, when he heard a sniffle, followed by the smell of salt hitting his nose, that was when he realised he had to prepare himself for a loud wail.

Instead, the only thing he heard was a quiet, "Sorry."

Harith could feel himself tearing up a little, and he tried his best to blink away the tears that were gathering at the corner of his eyes.

"'Rith..." Harley whined, and Harith could feel the mage's hand tugging at the back of his shirt. "Sorry."

Harith took in a deep breath, before he slowly turned around to look at the mage. When he saw the child's big, round, watery eyes, he immediately burst into tears.

"I'm sorry, Harley!" Harith cried, throwing his arms around the Mage Genius. He could feel the mage trembling in his arms, and he tried to hold back the snot from falling off from his nose. "I... I just want you to stop saying that word. I don't want to get killed by Lesley."