02 | blessing

two.
blessing

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
»»————- ♔ ————-««

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
warning: mpreg.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It all started when Harith returned home and found Harley asleep. He knew that it wasn't a big deal, since it was eleven at night already. It was only natural for Harley to be asleep during that time. But, usually, no matter how late he returns, Harley would always be awake whenever he's home. He would usually greet him at the door, offer him a drink, and they would chat for a while before going to sleep. It was their usual routine, until that day.

Though, Harith let it slide because—maybe Harley's training was too much, to the point where he ended up very tired. So, he just let that one go. But, soon, day after day, he started realising that Harley was sleeping more often. He would either find the mage sleeping longer than usual or often taking naps. He had checked the younger mage's schedule, but found nothing that said intensive training. So, what caused the mage to become so tired? He had assumed that Harley was sick, but after checking his temperature and seeing him while he was awake, it doesn't look like the Mage Genius was sick. Not knowing what else to do, he ended up telling Harley not to do most of the house chores if it's leading him to extreme fatigue. Unfortunately, the mage was stubborn, and he simply denied that that was the cause of his tired state.

Right now, Harith was staring at a sleeping Harley, and he didn't realise when his ears had drooped at the sight of the mage. He approached the Mage Genius and knelt on the ground to inspect his face. Harley didn't even twitch at the sound of him opening or closing the door, nor did he sense his presence even when his face was only inches away from him. Something was definitely wrong. And, now that he was standing near the mage, Harley's smell seemed kind of... different.

It was strange. Harley had a unique scent that makes him stand out among the others—though, Harith never mentioned that to him—and he would always recognise it whenever he is within his range. But, this time, his scent was slightly different. It was still Harley's, but it was mixed with something else—something he couldn't quite guess what it was.

"Harley," Harith called, gently shaking the mage's arm. He watched as Harley slowly opened his eyes before realising that he was home. The mage moved into a sitting position while rubbing his eyes. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," Harley responded, his voice slurred. He blinked a few times and squinted when he looked at him. "You're back? What time is it?"

"It's half past six now," Harith said, his eyes examining the mage in front of him. He doesn't look sick, just tired. He wanted to ask if Harley did something to himself that caused his scent to change, but the mage wouldn't understand if he started talking about scents. So, he discarded that question and asked another one. "Did you overwork yourself again? I told you already, if it's too much, you don't have to do any of the chores."

"No, I didn't. There were only a few things to do today, and I don't have training. Maybe I didn't get enough sleep yesterday."

Harith bit his lip, before he said, "Harley, you slept at seven last night and woke up at eight. That's thirteen hours of sleep."

Harley's brows furrowed. "I did?"

Harith nodded.

"Sorry," Harley muttered and stood up. Harith looked at him, baffled. He had no idea why the mage was apologising. It wasn't as if he was mad, he was just worried about Harley's duration of sleep. The Mage Genius added, "I cooked dinner. We can eat now if you want."