40

Olivia's POV:

I was totally immersed. Watching every movement and listening to every dialogue. Except I was, until diagonally from me, Esme was whispering in Zig's ear and then stood up along him by the hand.  She gives a little smirk at me before leading him away out of the gym. I wanted to slap her, how disrespectful could she be? I didn't even understand why she'd bought a ticket.

I looked back to the stage

I looked back to the stage. Miles and Lola were mirroring hands looking intensely into each others eyes. I knew what this scene symbolised.

"You shouldn't be here." Lola said in a small voice.
"I need to touch you." Miles breathed. Emily squeezed my hand as if to ask if was okay. I nodded.

"No, you never needed me

"No, you never needed me. You needed someone. And now you can be your own someone." She spoke surely and with a plume of smoke directed from the bottom of the stage, she was gone. I gave credits to Grace and Jonah because she really did disappear into nothing.

"Hope?" Miles asked. There was no reply. He was on his own.
He came back down from his position to front of stage staring at his device.

He dialled a number into his phone and rang it. It went to voice mail. He looked out to the audience and caught my eye. Finally.

"Hey, it's me," It was like we were the only people in the room.
"I know, things have been weird recently. Us not being together like the old day, I want them back more then anything. I've been missing you like crazy." He laughed sadly pretending to rub his eyes from tears. Or was it pretending? I knew I certainly wasn't. He was speaking so intensely looking directly at me from the stage that I didn't notice Rasha climbing shakily from her bed.