14

Miles POV

My crazy night with the whisky bottle had turned into a 3 day thing. The weekend, not being at school, had been the loneliest I had been since my fathers abuse. The past week I had been looking forward to the weekend because I could spend it with Olivia without the nagging feeling I needed to be somewhere else. Instead, it became the weekend of avoidance, avoiding responsibilities, people, and thoughts leading back to the source of my pain. I had been in my room doing little talking and drinking lots, mum had a work thing so hadn't even been around to nag me or stop me from breaking into the basement stash.

I thought it was going almost okay, the alcohol keeping me feeling nothing and above surface, but the way my stomach clenched as I threw up in the toilet Sunday night made the crash back to reality even more brutal.

It was painful and acidic as two days worth of barely eating and hard liquor returned like an old friend. I splashed cold water on my face and patted the sweat on my chest dry too with the towel.

I then let my knees, which had been holding me crouched over the toilet, give in as I sat on the bed.
"That feel good?"
Hunter's voice.

I leant back on the sheets rubbing my eyes

"No."
"Then why do you do it?"
I don't reply and he stays sat there watching me.
"Have you relapsed on the drugs too? You trying to kill yourself?"

I scoffed in shock and even sat back up.
"What? No, no Hunter I'm fine." I shook my head laughing grimly.
"Then stop this. Please." He said with a pleading tone that didn't suit him at all.

"It's complicated Hunter, you wouldn't understand." I dismissed.

"I wouldn't understand what? Sadness? depression? Dude, I was in a psych ward last year for all of that remember?" He said back fiercely and I recognised my fault, I was just too tired to care. He kicked my foot with his and I realised he actually wanted me to answer.