21

Olivia's Pov:

After getting off my crutches something shifted. I don't know how but everything was different, I was more able...optimistic. My dad saw it, and so did my therapist.  It took another two weeks of physiotherapy sessions but I had the grit and determination to rid myself of those crutches full time. I wanted to come back, as me, Olivia Pomegray.

Except, I stood in the school car park frozen.
"I can't do this. I can't." I rambled to myself.

I held my hand in my other hand to stop it from shaking. I had told my therapist and my father I had wanted to return and they had let Simpson know, he had had the paperwork ready ever since he came round our house. I had told Frankie as well. Emily had packed my medication in a pill organiser so I could take it throughout the day, everything was sorted out to allow me to return, everything except me still.

I looked around, the busses, the curb I had stood on to get onto them beside the steps. It all had this cursed aura to it now. I shook my head, why had my conscience suddenly become so spiritual?

"Olivia?"
My head snapped left.

"Olivia?" My head snapped left

"Um, Maya?!" I asked shocked. It took me a second to register her. She ditched her thin rimmed glasses and swapped the curled hair for straightened. She looked so much like me and so not like herself.
"You're back?" She said stunned, she was sitting on one of the benches and I joined her.

"Being back would require me to be actually in the building...are you okay ?" I asked worriedly.

are you okay ?" I asked worriedly

"I don't know." She sat very still at me making me feel very unnerved. She looked like a mirror image of me almost. It was a massive wake up call seeing her as unstable as me. She looked so pale.

"I feel that, me too." I nodded, I did understood exactly.

" I nodded, I did understood exactly