37

Olivias POV:

When the others came back from their meeting I was ready to jump up and cheer for them. However Grace had a face of thunder, Jonah looked like he was about to cry and Miles....he didn't even look with it.

They walked sadly into the student council office and plopped onto the sofas lethargically.
Tris, Zoe and Goldi walked in behind them with a look of "dont ask."

I couldn't not. "What did he say?"

"We aren't allowed to put on the play." Grace grumbled.
"What? Surely not. Like at all?!" I exclaimed going to sit on the floor in front of Miles. I leant back against his leg hoping it would have some sort of comfort whilst being discreet.

"No, if we really wanna put something on, we can get Rasha and Lola to learn the lines for Romeo and Juliet

"No, if we really wanna put something on, we can get Rasha and Lola to learn the lines for Romeo and Juliet. As if that's gonna stand out to colleges." Jonah put his head in his hands and threw down his script with a papery slap.

"Maybe, we can put it on somewhere else, it doesn't have to be watched by students at Degrassi

"Maybe, we can put it on somewhere else, it doesn't have to be watched by students at Degrassi. Call it, expanding to greater audiences?" Zoe suggested.

"Where would we get the money anyway? Simpson had given us the loan and we won't take any out of the Refugee fund, we couldn't do that to them." Grace shook her head gravely.

I looked up at Miles, he still looked absolutely crushed. He didn't even seem to register what was going on. I couldn't let this happen to him.

I got up and grabbed Jonah's script and went straight out the office. This play wasn't getting cancelled, not on my watch.

"You can't cancel this play!" I pushed into Simpsons room. He was writing something but looked up at me. Slowly he put his pen down and aside.

"Have a seat Olivia." He gestured and I fully intended to.
"Look, I know you care about Miles..." He sighed.

"This isn't just about Miles, this is about rights! Too many people have worked too hard on this play just for their right to express themselves be taken away. It's not fair!" I protested flicking the script on top of his writing. He looked down at it and then to me.