32

Olivia's POV:

The girls and I all sat around Frankie's kitchen as she shoved her gigantic spoon into some ice cream.

"We are on a break." She resolved. Since our chat in class, she decided to half break up with Jonah. As a result of it, she had been in her melancholy mood the whole way home.

"Wait, hold up like for real?" Lola asked surprised.
"How does that work? Do you call each other? Text?" Shay added nodding.
"What did you even say to him?" I asked eager to know.

"Say to who?" Miles joined in climbing down the stairs with Hunter

"Jonah-they broke up," Lola added for him and he pulled an awkward face.
"Break!" Shay corrected.

"What's a break?" Hunter asked obliviously. There was an empty seat next to Lola but he stayed standing.

"Seems like no one really knows. But all it means is you aren't together but aren't apart." I tried to explain.
"Well in that case me and Yael are on a break." He declared.

Miles and I turned to each other frowning. We were always their biggest supporters. My heart hurt a little.
"Sorry brother. Wanna talk about it with the group?" Miles sympathised.

Hunter looked to Lola and shook his head. "Not really." He yanked the ice cream tub off of his twin who pouted in protest

" He yanked the ice cream tub off of his twin who pouted in protest

"Well in that case, I'll share about Jonah. I said that I liked him a lot but I didn't like who I was right now. Being in the relationship seemed to make me obsessive and crazy and it wasn't good for us, it wasn't good for me. So I told him we needed to go on a break." Frankie explained and I listened intently. The similarities between herself and Jonah, and Miles and I were too prominent that I couldn't make the connection.

"I think that was a good idea." Miles spoke and I was almost definite he thought of it too. He came and sat next to me at the breakfast bar. I especially sensed it in the way his knee moved and rested next to mine.