t w e n t y o n e

Aberdeen, Washington 1987
October 24th, 1987
Presley's House

It has now been two days after Presley and Dave's date, and the night was one for the books. It was full of all the sappy bullshit that's read in romantic novels, but this was a little bit more sentimental and down to earth. The portrayal of love in movies and television is either misogynistic or completely fake. This date was wholesome and definitely something to be remembered.

From walking around the town to driving up to Seattle and going up on the Space Needle, you could say it was a date that could only be dreamt of. Presley was now recreating the entire thing to Meadow and not leaving out any details. It was therapeutic for both her and Presley, because she got to see Presley happy and be told stories in the process.

"Mea, it was seriously great. I mean I'm not one for marriage so soon, but he really showed out." Meadow laughed, "Well he better, that's the only way things around here can run smoothly."

Presley turned to Meadow grabbing her arms and staring directly at her, "You're going to tell me about Mr. Cobain, and you're going to tell me right now." Meadow burst out laughing, "Okay Dracula, what do you wanna know? How we stay up till the early hours of the morning and talk about nothing? How we make out on top of the roof for hours on end? Which portion do you want to hear?"

Presley's eyes widened, "You know how I know you're lying to me? Had those things happened you would've told me and if you didn't then I don't know what we've been doing together for all these years." She fell back on the bed fake sobbing, "I mean you really hurt me Mea, we're supposed to tell each other almost everything and I just-."

Meadow playfully rolled her eyes, "Oh would you shut up? None of that happened, at least not yet. A girl can only dream and manifest at this point." She fell back on the bed with Presley, both staring at the ceiling, "What I will tell you though is that I'm in love and I haven't been able to say that openly since I was with Brody."

Presley shot up, "Shut up! I totally forgot about that sorry ass excuse of a man, Brody was such a dick to you. I still stay on my word that the next time I see him, he'll wish he ran to Mike Tyson for training." Meadow laughed, "Yeah definitely, only this time around I'll tag team with you to whoop ass."

"You would do that for me? I knew you loved me." She jumped on Meadow and began rolling her around till the two of them landed on the floor cracking up with laughter. After about ten minutes, Presley got up, "I could really go for a slushie right now, call Kurt and I'll call Dave and Shelly."

Meadow nodded and reached for the phone that laid next to her bed, it was slightly tattered from the time she threw it at the wall upon hearing Brody had cheated on her. She sighed and proceeded to dial Kurt's number, a dial tone clicked.

"Hello?"

"Kurt? It's Meadow, I was wondering if you wanted to come get a slushie with Dave, Shelly and I."

"A slushie? That sounds like something I could go for right now, just let me know and I'll be there."

Meadow smiled, "Alright, I'll come pick you up soon then. Give me about ten minutes and I'll be there."

"Wear that shirt I bought you, you know the Sonic Youth one? I want us to match, only if you want of course."

Meadow dashed over to her closet picking up the bright white shirt with the Sonic Youth logo across it, "No hassle at all, I'd be more than happy to match with you cutie."

Kurt laughed, "You think I'm cute, huh?"

"Don't flatter yourself Cobain." Meadow smiled hugely, "Maybe I do, maybe I don't."

Kurt gazed dreamily at the vibrant picture of Meadow next to him, "I hope you lean towards the do instead of don't. I call bullshit if you don't, but I'll be ready regardless of how you feel."

"Right right, see you in a bit hon."

"Bye Meadow." The dial tone clicked once again indicating the call had ended. Meadow blushed a bit looking off into space thinking about this blonde haired boy that kept driving her crazy. Presley slowly walked back into the room, "That little boy better be coming with us."

Meadow grinned, "He is and he even wants us to match together." Presley groaned, "Fucking gross, you guys are already doing the couple stuff that I despise." The room fell silent for a minute while Meadow was waiting for Presley to crack. A minute later she finally did, "Okay, you caught me! You guys are matching, my heart can't handle this."

Meadow laughed, "Don't go dying on me over a matching shirt Presley, I raised you better than that."

"Oh shut up, let me find it cute and move on. Go get dressed, you're such a backwards cupid." Presley huffed and ran down the stairs leaving Meadow to shake her head and laugh silently.

A slushie and a hug from Kurt? Life is moving pretty fast, or so Meadow thought. Give it a few years.