e i g h t

Aberdeen, Washington 1987October 1stThe time Meadow spent with Kurt was nothing more than pure joy

October 1st
The time Meadow spent with Kurt was nothing more than pure joy. He took her to see all his favorite spots around town and she also got to know him a bit more than she did the first time they talked. She also can't forget that she had seen Presley for the first time in a year and a half, they're both in the midst of making plans with the other one, but their just taking their time.

Meadow's daydreaming was cut off by a screaming Blair from downstairs. The scream, which was more like a shriek, made Meadow fall out of bed. "Blair, what the hell! I think I broke my hip, oh my God." Meadow then heard an outbreak of laughter from downstairs that was soon followed by a "You're so tall now, and your hair is longer!" Presley. Meadow laughed to herself recognizing the words that flow out of Blair when she sees someone for the first time in a while. "Meadow, get down here! Haul ass!"

Meadow put on an oversized shirt and made her way down the stairs. She ran up to Presley and gave her the same hug she gave yesterday and the hug she's given multiple times before Presley moved, and also the day she did move. "I'll be in the kitchen making your favorite Pres, still french toast right?" Presley smiled at Blair and politely nodding which sent Blair into the kitchen to finish up.

"Come on Pres, I got a new guitar that you have to check out." Meadow grabbed Presley and proceeded up the stairs, getting to Meadow's door and entering. "You really haven't changed a thing in here, have you? It looks the same from when I—is that it!?" Presley eyed the guitar up and down studying every single feature on it, from the knobs to the color and down up to the neck of it.

"This is gorgeous Mea, how'd you save up enough?"

"Shit, I never told you. I got a job down at Bloom."

Presley looked up at her surprised and started to laugh. Meadow chimed in, "Why are you laughing?" "Mea, they read your resumé and still gave you the job? Did you leave out the part where you got fired from your last job due to harassing a customer?"

They both bursted into laughter and memories from that day flooded in.

~f l a s h b a c k~

The lady walked into the mall with a somewhat stern look on her face, Meadow was already irritated due to Blair bitching at her before she left for not cleaning her room, so she sure as hell wasn't in the mood for any bull today. The lady approached Meadow at her parlor for perfume and Meadow threw on her fake two dollar smile.

"Hi! Would you like to—."

"Look, it would be great if you would do less talking while I do more looking. Thanks." Meadow stumbled back, shocked and began to search for something she couldn't find. She began picking and putting down perfume bottles and looking under the table.

"What the hell are you looking for?" Meadow popped back up, "I'm just trying to find who the fuck you thought you were talking too, because I know it wasn't me." The lady got closer to Meadow, "Look, people like you always try and start shit wherever you go. I'm not oblivious to anything that you do, Meadow."

The lady flicked Meadow's tag, "Just stay the hell away from me while I shop, you people are so filthy." The lady knocked over a perfume bottle shattering it and walked off laughing.

"Okay, that's it." Meadow jumped over the table and grabbed the lady's hair and the rest was history. Only a black eye.

~F l a s h b a c k o v e r~

Meadow and Presley were drawn out of their thoughts by Blair calling for breakfast. "I'm starving." Presley said. "Hey, where's your man? You said he lived next door, so why aren't you over there?" Meadow thought for a second and then spoke, "I didn't want to come off as annoying or needy, and he's probably practicing right now anyway." Presley raised a brow, "Practicing? For what exactly?" "I'll tell you when we get back up here, I can't talk on an empty stomach. I'll race you!"
With that, Meadow zoomed past Presley and down the stairs, "That's not fair, asshole!" Presley then quickly took off after her.