o n e

Aberdeen Washington, 1987

September 16th
It was a rainy day outside and Meadow decided to dive farther into her covers, despite knowing she had such a big day ahead of her. She's getting ready for a job interview down at Bloom Cafe. It's a nice restaurant just down the street from her house.
She checked the time and her eyes went wide. It was 7:45, she had to be there in fifteen minutes.

Meadow quickly jumped out of bed trying to put her outfit and such together, she was now trying to get to the bathroom to take a quick shower, but she tripped.

"Shit! Blair, how many times do I have to tell you to stop leaving your shoes on the floor?" She kicked the worn out pair of Converse again putting herself in a brand new world of pain.
After that second hit Meadow laid herself back on her bed screaming all the cuss words in the English language. She knows she has stuff to do today, but that hasn't exactly occurred to her yet.

"If you would watch your step and not wake up late, this shit wouldn't happen! Come on! Move your ass, I have to drive you to your job interview." That's Blair, Meadow's cool yet slightly annoying older sister. She's always managed to find new ways to piss Meadow off, but never failing to add her signature "I love you" at the end of every fight. That's due to many things: the fact that Blair doesn't want Meadow going to bed mad at her, or just her wanting to annoy Meadow even more.

Meadow rolled her eyes and scrambled her way back into her closet. "Go start the car! I'll meet you down there." She then heard the screen door slamming open and then shut again, following that was a car raving outside.

Meadow quickly put a nice outfit together that screamed both "I'm desperate for this job" and "Not really, I just want some money." She threw the pantsuit on and went downstairs to find her black heels. Suddenly from outside, Meadow heard the blaring of "Holiday" by Madonna coming from her sisters car. It was quickly followed by Blair screaming out the lyrics.

"Sing it Madonna!" Meadow couldn't help but laugh to herself as Blair re-enacted the video by dancing in-front of her car. Meadow slipped on her heels, grabbed her keys and took off.

"Meadow, I tell you it's a great time to be a teenager right now, don't screw it up." Blair said as she turned the music down. "I'm not a teenager anymore, I'm nineteen." Meadow mumbled back.

"You definitely don't act like it, you used to be so happy and cheerful."
"People change with time." Meadow smiled sarcastically at Blair. Blair turned her head to look at Meadow and shook her head, "Smartass."

//

"Okay, here's forty bucks for food or whatever else you want. I have a date with Corey, so I won't be back until about ten tonight." Meadow looked at Blair in surprise and disgust, but more surprised.

The surprise could be the fact that Meadow doesn't understand why Blair would have to be on a date for close to ten hours considering it's only about eight in the morning. The disgust? Well that comes from Meadow knowing how they're spending those ten hours together.

"I love you M, good luck. I know you'll do great." "Thanks, I love you too B." Meadow said quickly as she tried to run off.

"Pipsqueak! Come back here and give your sister a hug." Meadow rolled her eyes and laughed as she ran back to give Blair her hug.

"Bye little shit." Blair said laughing. "Bye big turd." Meadow replied with a big smile plastered on her face, Blair then drove off to go and get ready for her date.