n i n e t e e n

Aberdeen, Washington 1987October 22ndMeadow's bedroom

October 22nd
Meadow's bedroom

Meadow woke up to see Presley standing over her with a bagel in hand. Meadow laughed, "Pres, what're you doing?"

"Just hovering, but you need to tell me how that date went last night. Anything spicy happen?" Meadow smiled recalling what happened the night before and shot out of bed grabbing Presley to the floor with her.

"If I broke my bagel, you will be making me a new one." Presley scanned her bagel sighing from relief, "You got lucky, okay now spill everything."

Meadow laughed speaking again.

"Okay, so we got to Rigatoni's and everything was running smoothly. We even met this elderly couple: Ethel and Bob and they were real sweethearts. Kurt and I get to our seats and this waiter comes up and takes our orders, but then proceeds to ask if I'll go on a date with him."

Presley gasped, "That asshole." Meadow nodded, "It only gets worse from here, so after that I of course said no, yet he still goes on and calls Kurt my pity date. The fuck is a pity date?"

Presley laughed, "A pity date? Kurt of all people would be someone's pity date? That guy has some jokes, wait so what'd you do?"

"That's what I was thinking, if anything I was the one that could pass as a pity date." Presley grabbed her by her shirt and pulled her in, "Don't you ever call yourself someone's pity date, you beautiful piece of shit." Megan laughed while Presley still had a stern look on her face, "Are you going to agree or?"

"I will never call myself someone's pity date again." Presley let her go, "I'm glad we're finally on the same page, continue." Meadow smiled, "We're almost always on the same page Presley, when was the last time we fought?"

Presley scrunched her eyebrows, "That's not important right now Mea, I'm waiting for the end of this thing so I can get my dress for the wedding."

Meadow scoffed while laughing, "Okay, so then he went on to insult Kurt more and he was just being a dick. I couldn't handle it anymore, so I got up and I punched him in the nose." She looked down.

"I didn't get that last part, repeat it." Presley put her ear closer to Meadow.

"I...I punched the dude in the nose."

"Will you slow your words down? Say it again."

"I punched him in the fucking nose Pres! My anger got ahead of me again." Presley laughed.

"You punched some dickhead in the nose because he called Kurt your pity date? Meadow, we've talked about this before. You obviously know that's not true, so fuck his opinion. He's just mad cause he can't have you. It's called Rigatoni's? Yeah, I'll be phoning them later on this afternoon."

Meadow smiled at Presley leaning in to give her a hug, "Why do you always know exactly what to say?"

"Well, I didn't go to school for it. I guess knowing you for this long has its perks." Meadow eyed Presley laughing, "So I guess this makes up for me almost killing your bagel?"

"Well...I guess it does. Actually, you know what could make up for it?" Meadow looked at Presley raising an eyebrow, "What?"

"You think you could take me to the mall today? I don't know how to tell you, so I might as well just spit it out. Dave kinda sorta asked me out on a date?" Meadow's eyes went wide in both surprise and happiness.

"You mean to tell me that you...that you have a date with David Grohl? When were you going to tell me?" Presley facepalmed herself, "Mea, didn't I just do so?"

"I guess, but this is fucking huge Pres. I always knew you guys would end up together somehow, wait a minute why are we still here? Chop chop, let's get to the mall and find you something stellar." Presley laughed and ran downstairs to go get changed. Suddenly the doorbell rang out, "Coming!" Meadow shot down the stairs and looked through the peephole to see none other than Kurt. A huge smile smeared all over her lips as she opened the door slowly.

Kurt had his back turned until he heard the screen door open up. He turned around smiling hugely, "Hi." Megan returned the favor giving a small hi as well. "You can come in." Kurt laughed, "Right." He walked in just as Presley was coming up the stairs, "Mr. Cobain, to what do I owe this visit?"

Kurt laughed, "Nothing serious Pres, just wanted to come see Meadow for a while." Presley smirked, "So are you guys like a thing now?" Kurt looked down turning red while Meadow just looked at Presley trying to shoo her away.

"Alright I'll leave, but you're definitely gonna tell me what this is supposed to mean." She pointed at Meadow and Kurt and resorted back down the stairs.

"Were you busy?"

"I was just going to head to the mall with Pres, did you know Dave-."

"Asked her on a date? That's one of the things I came to tell you about. I'm usually never this happy when Dave goes out with a girl, but him and Presley just have something going." Kurt shook his head smiling.

"I totally understand that because that's what I've told her since she met Dave, I'm just glad they're finally doing something about it."

The pair waded in silence pondering over what the other might ask or say next, suddenly Meadow piped up.

"If you want...you could come with us to the mall."

"N-No I wouldn't want to intrude-."

"Kurt," Meadow grabbed his hands softly, "You wouldn't be intruding if I invited you, plus I know you have a side of you that knows all about dresses and all that."

Kurt laughed, "Yeah I definitely have sense when it comes to dresses, I'll go." Meadow pulled him in and kissed him for what felt like hours, they both pulled away slowly.

"I could really get used to you abruptly kissing me." Meadow laughed, "Shut up."