t w e n t y

Aberdeen, Washington 1987
October 22nd, 1987
Shoppes at Riverside Mall

With Aberdeen being so quiet and distorted in a sense, shopping malls were usually pretty vacant around every time. This time around was a bit different considering some of the high schools in Olympia and other places located in Washington were having Senior Prom. The most important and joyous day to a majority of the student body, one of the most dreaded for others.

"What the hell-" Meadow followed Presley's eyes out the window in shock at how full the mall was for once.

"Why are all these people here like this? Everyone's usually at home, so then everything at the mall can be cheap."

"Shit Meadow it's Prom season, makes me almost want to-" Presley gagged for a few seconds considering Prom was trash for both her and Meadow.

At the 1986 Senior Prom, Meadow caught her date, Caden Ringer, screwing the head cheerleader Misty Lorraine. Instead of causing a scene and exposing the two, she keyed "Two Inch Punisher" into the side of his car with Presley. The rest of the night was spent with her and Presley wandering around Aberdeen, Tacoma and other parts of Washington.

They had told Kurt what happened exactly and he shared the same amount of disgust with them. He asked a couple questions and then continued to keep quiet while the trio circled around the lot looking for parking.

Around fifteen minutes later, Meadow finally pulled into an empty space at the very end of the mall entrance. Presley and Kurt groaned, "This is too far." Meadow looked in the rear view mirror laughing, "Suck it up, would you? We'll be there and back in no time." The trio got out of the car and headed into the crowded mall.

As soon as they entered, they were greeted by rowdy damsels in distress with grieving mothers trudging behind them. It was exactly how they both remembered it, except this time it wasn't as loud as before.

Presley sighed, "Ah, what I would give to never return to this state of hysteria again. How sad that this is what people find to be more important than doing anything else."

Meadow grinned, "Come on Pres, we were just as bad as them. We just wanted to look nice and at least presentable, after all it is prom. Is it wrong for them to be so hysterical?"

Kurt and Presley halted and turn to look at Meadow, speaking in unison, "Yes, it is." Meadow tolled her eyes playfully, "Well, we're not here for them anyway. We're here because you my friend," Meadow pulled Presley into a hug, "You are finally going on the date that I have wanted you to go on since we were ten."

Kurt's eyes went wide, "Pres, you've known Dave for this long and it's just now that he's making a move?" Presley groaned, "Look, it's complicated as fuck. We don't even know what we want right now, this is just a casual thing that we're going to do. It's not anything serious at all."

Kurt grabbed Meadow and Presley's hands and yanked them into the dress aisle, "You can deny all you want Pres, but the looks that you give him say otherwise." Meadow whistled, "Thank you Kurt."

~~~~~

October 22nd, 1987
Meadow's house

"You look absolutely stunning, I deserve so many awards for this."

Presley turned around and stared herself down in the mirror gasping, "How the hell you did this, I don't know. It's not that I look bad on a regular day, right?"

Meadow groaned, "On a bad day, you still look mesmerizing. Stop doubting yourself so much Pres."

"I'll stop doubting myself when people around stop doubting, so I guess you and I are in for the long haul Mea." Presley smirked while turning around to grab her nicest pair of Converse. Meadow's eyes widened as she snatched the Chuck Taylor's away from her, "What the hell are you doing?"

Presley looked up with her face soaked in confusion, "Wearing shoes? This isn't a time where we can walk around like cavemen dingus, there's shards of glass and shit out in the streets."

Meadow laughed, "I don't want you doing that dummy, I want you to wear these. I love my Converse, but this isn't that type of date yet. That'll have to be the second date or third."

Presley smiled, "What makes you think that there's going to be another one?"

"It's Dave. There will be a ninetieth date for all we know. Now put these on, just platforms nothing too dangerous." Presley groaned, "They better be comfortable." Presley slopped into the shoes as the doorbell rang, "Got it!" Kurt yells from down the stairs.

"He's here and you look like a trillion bucks, come child." The pair laughed as Meadow slowly made her way down the stairs meeting eyes with Dave, "Mr. Grohl, you've really outdone yourself for this one."

Dave laughed, "Thank you Mea, is she almost ready?"

"Yes actually, I now present to you the prettiest in all the lands. Presley Hawkins." Presley made her way down the stairs locking eyes with Dave, "Not bad Grohl."

Dave laughed, "I can say the same about you, Ms. Hawkins."

Meadow grabbed Kurt into a hug, "Bring her back in one piece David, nothing more or less. Am I understood?"

Dave's face became stern, "Yes."

Meadow bursted into laughter, "I'm just playing with you shitbag, all I ask is that you take care of her."

Dave smiled at Presley, "You have nothing to worry about in that department." With that, the pair darted out the door and headed to Dave's car.

Meadow wipes a fake tear slightly burying her face into Kurt's chest, "They grow up so fast K, so fast."

Kurt rubbed her back soothingly laughing, "I know cutie, I know."