「Chapter 6 - Something Happened」

Half No. 2

--☆Sea☆--

Like many evenings for the Cookie Kingdom, everything was bright. This specific night was very special. The beginning of July. Cookies celebrate the beginning of this month and embrace it for all the weeks it lasts for. Many argue that mid-summer is the perfect time of year, and they aim to make it even better through celebrating it.

In the midst of this hot summer evening, Fire Spirit Cookie rested at a table outside of the cafe. Or, he thought it was a cafe. Wasn't it also a bar? Okay, moving on.

He watched the cookies in the streets. They danced, laughed, and simply enjoyed themselves. Fire could never get enough of the Cookie Kingdom. He visits frequently enough, and getting away from home is a luxury. He doesn't ever get the chance to, though.

However, since everyone was celebrating, almost every cookie was taking the day, or night, off. Including a couple of his friends. Well, if you want to call them that.

He watched Sea Fairy Cookie and Moonlight Cookie greet a couple of commoner cookies, presumably fans. Nobody had come up to Fire yet tonight. Not that he cared.

Fire just stared at the candle sitting in the middle of the small table he was sitting at. There was another chair between the table, empty.

He closed his eyes and smiled to himself, leaning against his palm. One who was observing him would probably be able to see that a couple of flame sparks coming off his hair were the shape of tiny hearts, that his face was redder than usual, that he had a sweet smile on almost all the time and not a smirk, and that he'd be staring into space.

Anyone who didn't know Fire Spirit wouldn't be able to tell that something was off, but for people who have known him for god knows how long, it would have been easy.

Specifically for Sea Fairy and Moonlight.

Sea and Moon were standing in the streets, surrounded by a few fans. They signed things and took photos until their admirers began walking away.

Sea Fairy and Moonlight were wearing casual clothing, which is something you wouldn't normally see. But really, this night was a break of its own, and they needed it.

They both hoped that Wind Archer and Millennial Tree would come tonight. Although, they wouldn't normally come to stuff like this.

As fans began walking away, the two of them started getting back to their own thing. They walked down the street, beginning to chat once more.

However, they got distracted by the sight of Fire Spirit sitting at a table outside of the pub. They were a little away from him, but close enough to see him.

Well, that's a surprise.

Normally, no one would see a Fire Spirit casually sitting at a table alone. In fact, they didn't expect to see Fire here tonight at all.

Moonlight didn't think too much of it, but Sea, being the observer she is, noticed how Fire's expression was much more dazed and blushy.

What?

Sea avoided talking to that cookie, but really, she was confused and wanted to know more.

"Sea, that's Fire, right?" Sea quickly asked her girlfriend, trying to confirm if her eyes were deceiving her or not.

"Um, yeah. Why?"

"Look at his face." Sea snorted.

Moon eyed Fire for a bit, and the pieces started to come together.