Chapter 28

Jason

Jason would've loved to go sightseeing. Italy was amazing. Too bad they were on a mission to stop a deathly giant and earh lady from destroying the world.

Figures.

Leo whistled. "I would love to come here after we prevent the world's doom."

Jason and probably everyone else agreed with Leo.

Jason glanced at Percy. He strode ahead, hands entwined with Annabeth's.

Jason envied him. He was a mich better leader. He was alwas on step ahead. Strolling ahead. He was brave and confident, yet humble and a great friend. Not to mention his prefect love life. Jason was still having trouble deciding his feelings between Piper or Reyna.

He sighed. As many have said a million times, being a demigod just plain sucks.

He noticed people around them whispering uncomprehendible words.

"We're attracting too much attention." Piper, being her usual shy self, grabbed Jason's hand.

Jason stiffened. As soon as their fingers met, Piper blushed. "Uh, sorry." She pulled her nimble fingers out of his hand.

"Ah, it's ok." Jason felt his cheeks burn. He didn't want to admit that he had sort of liked it.

He shook his head. Get a grip, Jason.

"We should be close." Annabeth muttered.

"Um, Wise brain?"

"Yeah, Seaweed rain?"

"Are you, by any chance...lost?"

Annabeth landed a blow on his head. Jason swore he saw steam rising from the great son of the sea god's head.

"We're not lost!" Annabeth snarled. "We're just a little...off track."

"So we're lost." Leo said bluntly. He joined Percy in the pummeled-by-Annabeth corner.

"Oh, great." Hazel groaned. "Now what?"

"We should-" Annabeth stopped.

"Um, guys? Has anyone seen Frank?" Annabeth asked.

Jason looked around. He wasn't there.

"And Hazel?" Percy piped up.

She was gone as well.

"Damn! They must've gotte caught!" Annabeth grimaced.

"By who?" Leo asked. "Or should I say what?"

"Wait, where's Piper?" Jason whirled around frantically.

They all unsheathed their weapons. The crowd around them stared. Jason wondered what they were seeing right now.

"What do we do?" Leo asked.

"Stay alert." Annabeth gripped her dagger. "We should-"

Suddenly, she fell to the floor. Something pulled her into the crowd.

"Annabeth!" Percy grabbed for her, but she already disappeared within the sea of tourists.

"Woah!" Percy was attacked as well. Leo tried pulling him back, but he ended up getting caught as well. They were both pulled under.

"Guys!" Jason cried. Then he felt something cold and scaly wrap around his ankle. He had no time to look down before he was yanked into the crowd.

Jason growled and slashed at his captor. He struggled and wriggled on the floor. The people around him probably thought he was having a seizure or doing some sort of insane American dance.

The last thing he saw were a pair of golden reptilian eyes before he disappeared along with the rest of his friends.

The first thing he noticed were the hissing sounds. Something large and scaly had wrapped itself around his body. He reached for his sword, but then realized it wasn't there.

Jason cursed. He wished he had ...(that golden coin thing, can't remember what it was called), but it was long gone.

"Pessssky demigodssss."

Jason jumped.

"Who's there?" He called out in the darkness.

"Jason?"

"Piper!" Relief made his toes tingle.

"Where are we?" Piper asked. Her voice sounded close.

"Heaven?" That was Leo.

"What the heck is this?" Jason heard Frank from somewhere behind.

"Hey, Leo, think you can make some light?" Percy's voice asked.

"One Leo Valdez flame comin right up!"

A small flame flickered in the center of the room. The demigods recoiled.

The things tied around them were snakes. Jason inched away from the snapping fangs in front of his face.

"You will all die here."

They turned to the source of the voice. The snakes were all connected to the head of a lady with pale green skin and snake-like eyes.

"Oh, great."

They turned their attention towards Percy and Annabeth, who both had grim looks on their faces.

"Snake lady here a friend of yours?" Leo asked.

"Why, hello, children." Medusa smiled, baring unhuman fangs. A long tongue snaked out from between her greenish lips. "It has been so long. How have you been?"

"Medusa." Percy and Annabeth spat at the same time.

Hey guys! Sorry for the SUPER LATE update!!! Anyway, I'm starting a new story. I'd really appreciate it if you'd give it a shot! Please!!! I dunno if its goodnor not(probably not) but please check it out!!!