Chapter 3

Percy

Percy was nervous. The ship was getting closer and closr. The Romans that had become his new friends.

"I sure do hope you know what you're doing." His friend, Hazel, daughter of Pluto, looked at him with her karat gold eyes. "I am." Percy said, even thought he wasn't. "Seriously, you know how serious Octavian and the others are gonna be when the Greeks get here." His other friend, Frank, said. Frank was a son of Mars, but he was also a descendant Periclymenus, a grandson of Poseidon, Neptune.... the sea god. "Octavian's just a jerk." Hazel scowled. "Yeah, but he has a lot of reasons to hate the Greeks." Frank said. "They've been rivals for, like,ever." "Frank's right." Hazel nodded. "Yeah, but the Greeks and Romans HAVE to work together." Percy protested.

"Oh, you're just excited to see you girlfriend again." Hazel teased. Percy blushed. He couldn't wait to finally see Annabeth again, but he was also nervous. It had been eight months. She was probably angry at him. But it wasn't his fault that stupid Hera had put him to sleep and stolen his memories.

"Man, that ship is huge!" Frank whistled as they stared at the Argo II hovered over the camp. It lowered into the water.

"Hey, Percy." Hazel pulled Percy away from the crowd. "What's up?" Percy asked. "Um, do you think that Leo is..." She trailed off and stared down at her sneakers.

Hazel had been born in the 1940s. She had died, then her, half brother, Nico, had brought her back from the Underworld. Nico had been captured by Gaea while looking for the doors of death mentioned int Her old boyfriend, Sammy Valdez, looked just like Leo from Camp Half-Blood.

"I dunno, Hazel." Percy confessed. "We'll see. It might just be a coincidence." "But they look EXACTLY the same!" Hazel looked like she was on the verge of tears. "Maybe Sammy was his grandfather or something." Percy suggested. "But-" "C'mon, Hazel." Percy grabbed her hand. "Let's just go and greet my friends. We'll meet him soon." "That's what I'm afraid of." Hazel mumbled, but Percy dragged her towards the shore.

The Argo II was docked in the water. Campers were streaming out of the boat. Percy spotted some familiar faces, along with some new ones.

"Hey, Percy!" Percy looked up and saw two boys with mischeivous grins on their faces running towards him. "Connor! Travis!" Percy smiled at the Stoll brothers. "Where've you been?"

"Oh, you know, just here making some new friends." Percy said. "Hey, punk." Percy recognized Clarisse La Rue, daughter of Ares. "Hey, Clarisse." Percy greeted his old friend/enemy. "Do you really like this camp better than Camp Half-Blood?" "No," Percy frowned. "But it isn't so bad."

"So, where's Annabeth?" Percy asked. Clarisse snorted. "Smoochy smoochy." Travis taunted as Connor made kissing sounds.

"Percy?" Percy jumped at the familiar voice. He spotted a girl with long, wavy blonde hair and startling grey eyes scanning the crowd. "Annabeth!" Percy called out. Her eyes widened. "Percy!" Annabeth cried. She ran towards him. "Annabeth!"   Percy ran towards her. She jumped into his arms. The next thing Percy knew, they were kissing. Percy embraced her. She could hear her crying.

"If you guys wanna make out, can you do it where no one can see you?" Clarisse scowled.They pulled away. Annabeth punched him in the arm. Hard. "Ow!" Percy winced. "I've been worried sick, seaweed brain!" Annabeth cried. "Um, sorry." Percy rubbed his arm. "Sorry? Where have you been?" Annabeth demanded. "Hey, cut me some slack, it was Hera." Percy raised his hands up in defense. "Stupid Hera." Annabeth muttered. "Curse her." "Uh, I don't think you should be talking about Juno like that." Hazel said. "Whatever." Annabeth rolled her eyes, then studied Hazel. "Oh, Annabeth, this is Hazel, daughter of Pluto." Percy introduced her. They shook hands. "I'm Annabeth. Daughter of Athena-er, Minerva, to you."