Chapter 21

Chapter 21

JASON

When Jason came to, his head was buzzing. He felt like a thousand electric eels had shocked him. He blinked the lights from his eyes and saw a beautiful, worried face above him.

"Piper?" His voice was scratchy and hoarse. "You're awake!" She smiled and backed away, letting Jason get up. He spotted Percy waking up on a different bed.

"What-" He began to ask.

"You two passed out after using too much of your powers." Annabeth explained. "We found an inn-"

"Monster free, of course," Leo added.

"And here you are." Annabeth continued.

"How long were we out?" Jason asked. "A couple of hours." Frank replied. "How'd you sneak two passed out teachers into an inn?" Percy asked.

"Ah, you don't wanna know." Hazel said.

After they had some brunch (it was lunch time but they had skipped breakfast) they decided to rest. They were all exhausted from the morning 

events.

"Hey, Leo." Jason slowly asked.

"Hmmmmm?" Leo looked half asleep.

"What'd you and Annabeth do down there?" Jason asked.

Leo was now fully awake. The question caught Percy and Frank's interest. "Oh, uh, not much." Leo said nervously. "We were just, uh, talking about why the Cyclopes captured only us."

"True." Frank mused. "There are seven of us. Why did they only take you two?" Percy wondered.

Leo shrugged. "Beats me. I'm just gonna get some sleep. Make sure monsters don't kidnap me again."

Jason knew he was going to sleep just to avoid more questions, but he finally went to sleep as well.

"You're doing well, so far."

Jason opened his eyes. He was back at Camp Jupiter, his home. A pang of sadness swept over him. He had only been able to visit his home for a few days. He watched Dakota and Gwen patrol around, Romans heading towards the baths, battle cries coming from here and there.

"Don't worry." Juno snapped him out of his thoughts. She stood in front of him with her usual goatskin cape (coat? Dunno). "You'll go back, if you live."

"Thanks." Jason scowled.

"Don't use sarcasm on me!" Juno scolded. "I am your patron!"

"Anyway, I came to warn you." Juno said.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Jason rolled his eyes, "Gaea, giants, monsters, world chaos, all that."

"No," Juno shook her head. Your friends.

"Huh?" Jason said.

"The bonds between you and your friends are not looking so good." Juno said gravely.

"What do you mean?" Jason demanded.

"Secrets." Juno said simply. "Secrets are tearing your friends apart, even if you're not aware of it."

Jason said nothing. As much as he hated to admit it, Juno seemed to be telling the truth. Plus, his friends did seem to be hiding something.

"Especially, beware of your friendship with the son of Poseidon." Juno said. Jason was amused that she had used the Greek term. "You two will either become close friends, or dangerous enemies."

He took one last look at his hone as Camp Jupiter and Juno dissolved.