In Her Heat - Chapter Fifteen

WARNING: THIS SHORT CHAPTER MIGHT BE A LITTLE TOO .... INTENSE FOR SOME. YOU CAN SKIP OVER THIS CHAPTER IF YOU WANT, THERE ARENT ANY MAJOR EVENTS, JUST A LITTLE LOVE AND TENDERNESS. THAT SAID, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WILL READ IT: enjoy ;)

***

I woke up several times that night, my sleep filled with images of a demonic Ashton. What had happened to him? Where was the old Ashton, the kind, funny and slightly sarcastic one I’d known before?

Each time I woke up, Cade was there to pull me out of the nightmares, to reassure me and put me back asleep. We were lying in the same bed right now. I was facing him, my arms around his bare stomach, his low on my naked back. One of my legs were enveloped between his two muscular thighs, his hair gently rasping my smooth legs.

I studied his face as I watched him sleep. Even asleep, his face was hard, angular lines. His full lips were slightly parted as they took in and expelled air. His jet black eyelashes swept gently over the upper curves of his cheekbones, concealing his gray eyes.

The man was truly something to look at. He might even be more gorgeous than me! Okay, maybe that’s a slight exaggeration - point is, the man was smoking.

“Like what you see?” the amused question came from Cade’s lips as he slowly opened his eyes.

I quirked my lips as my body gradually warmed in soft arousal. “Maybe. What if I did?” I asked.

I watched as his lips moved, forming his answer. “Then I’d do this.” The words came a second before he gently placed his lips over mine. I usually wouldn’t have kissed a man unless we’d both brushed, but this wasn’t just any man, this was Cade. And he tasted delicious.Judging by the way he was slowly consuming my lips, he didn’t seem to mind the flavor of the morning either.

I slid my hands up his chest and over his shoulders to his neck, relishing in the power that lay subtly in the muscles there. He licked over my lips teasingly, stoking my rising desire. I moaned against his mouth and moved closer to his body. He smiled briefly before taking my invitation to further explore my mouth.

And then I climaxed.

Okay, okay, another slight exaggeration - okay, a huge one, but I swear if I was hornier than I actually was, I could have. The temperature skyrocketed as our kiss became deeper, more tantalizing. I kicked off the sheets covering our bodies and rolled over, put him on his back with my body lying across his.

His hands plunged into my thick hair as he conquered my mouth. His tongue flicked and licked at mine, daring it to play. I couldn’t turn down a dare, especially not one from this sexy man, so I let my tongue shyly explore his mouth. He groaned into my mouth, and the raw, savage sound sent shivers through my body.

One of Cade’s hands stayed entangled in my hair, holding me against his hot mouth and the other went to cup my butt.

The huge hand splayed over one cheek, its heat searing through my panties and straight to my flesh. Cade flexed his hand, squeezing my butt and my panties dampened instantly. The heat inside of me increased and my skin became more and more sensitive. I shamelessly ground my pelvis against, trying to ease the now clawing hunger in my core.

Cade slid his lips from my mouth down to my jaw and then to my ear. I shuddered as he licked the outer shell then blew softly.

“Cade...” I moaned in a low voice. I struggled to get closer to him, to ease the hunger, to reach satisfaction. I fitted my pelvis more firmly with his and ground against his hard cock through the silk of his boxers. I trailed my fingers down from his neck to the elastic band of his boxers.

“Easy, Ainsley,” he groaned. His lips made their way to my neck. On a normal day, my neck was very sensitive. Right now it felt overheated and overly sensitive. Cade bit down gently at the spot where my neck met my shoulder. I moaned, a long, keening sound as my body flared in awareness and arousal.

I slipped my hands past the band of his boxers and cupped his thick, hot cock. That was hot to the touch.

“Awww, crap,” he bit out. In a flash, I was lying on my back and Cade sat at the foot of the bed, running his strong fingers through his hair. The cool air was the only thing stroking my skin now.

“What? What’s wrong?” I asked. Already, I longed for the feel of his body against mine.

“I can’t do this.”

I furrowed my brow and crossed my arms under my breasts. “Why? What’s wrong with me?”

“Nothing. It’s not you.” He swore under his breath, much too low for me to hear and slid off the bed. I watched his butt saunter into the adjoining bathroom. He went in, but didn’t close or lock the door. I took this as a good sign.

“Well then what is it?” I called. I climbed off the bed and took two steps towards the bathroom. I stopped when I almost came from the sensation of my lace panties rubbing against my extremely sensitive sex. I moaned quietly.

“The males aren’t supposed to mate with females in heat before the mating ceremony. And if we’d kept going the way we were I have no doubt I would have taken you.” He spoke between splashes of water, so I guessed he was washing his face.

I tried a couple more steps. This time I came ever closer to coming. “Ohh...” I said.

Cade poked his head out the bathroom doorway. Droplets of water clung to his skin. “You okay?”

I shook my head. “I can’t walk.”

“What do you mean, you can’t walk?” He asked. His head disappeared for a moment before reappearing, a towel swiping over his face.

“I swear if I take another step, I’m going to come.”

For a moment he didn’t say anything. Then he burst out laughing. I think he even spat a little from the impact of his laughter. So not attractive.

But him laughing made up for it. He was so utterly beautiful when he laughed, I couldn’t really get mad at him for laughing.

“Jerk,” I said with a smile. “Really, I don’t think I can wear these panties. I guess I’ll just have to take them off...”

His laughter died and hunger filled his gaze and I toyed with the top of my panties. I pulled down one side a little.

He growled. “Don’t play with me, Ainsley.” I tugged at the other side, exposing more of the smooth flesh there.

“Wanna see?” I asked him, in a low, sultry voice.

“Yes,” he said with a little growl. The look in his eyes flamed my heat. He began to advance. I waited until he stood directly before me, chest to chest. I stood on my toes, and let my breath flutter across his cheek.

“Too bad.”

“Wench,” he accused. I laughed and put my hands on his chest to push him away. But Cade wasn’t having any of that. He grabbed me by the waist and tugged me close to him. Quickly and with great finesse, he took my mouth and kissed me passionately, leaving me breathless.

Then he roughly pushed me away and with a snarl said, “Get dressed. Unfortunately we have things to do today.”