In Her Heat - Chapter Twenty-One

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  !!!! NEW CHAPTEEEER ! SOOO SORRY IT'S BEEN FOREVER SINCE I'VE UPLOADED. I READ YOUR COMMENTS AND I'M GONNA TRY AND SPEED THINGS UP AND GET PAST THIS MATING THING. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE FEEDBACK, AND ENJOY !

****

Five months later...

                As each day passed I discovered more about my importance and my Wise Sight. Turns out I was embodying a lot of long lost powers. The Wise Sight was a power possessed by werewolves back when we were more in abundance and more feared. However during the Dark War, rogue wolves had banded together to kill every Wise Sight and other Intuitive to reduce their pack power. I’d questioned both Reese and the Shaman as to how I had it in my blood. Reese hadn’t had an idea, but the Shaman had simply replied, “You’re the embodiment of the ultimate were; why not?” It hadn’t helped much.

                We spent the days trying to hone my fighting and self defense skills as well as my Sight skills. Perfecting my Sight skills turned out to be the hardest despite the many, many bruises I took home at the end of my fighting training. It required a lot of patience, calm and concentration. With the pressure I knew was on me, it was hard to stay calm and well, I wasn’t much of a patient person. I had to approach the object with my mind calm and focused on what I wanted to know, if I wanted specifics. I had to know everything I wanted to find out before I approached the object because once I was under the Sight’s power, my conscious mind was not working to ask more questions but to absorb the information.

It was hard work, and more often than not I returned to Reese’s cabin tired out of my mind (no pun intended) and ready to fall asleep. But of course I couldn’t even be afforded that luxury. During the day when my mind was occupied with keeping myself from landing on my ass and perfecting my Sight I managed to work through the tingling and wetness between my thighs that increased every day. At night, however, when my mind was free to wander, I couldn’t ignore it and it seemed to get worse at those times. In the past few weeks, Reese had told me – to my embarrassment – that I moaned in my sleep and begged for release. It wasn’t something I could deny considering I woke up every morning sweaty and unsatisfied, the sheets in disarray, panting and marvelling at the skill of my unknown dream lover.

And then there was Cade. I hadn’t spoken to him since that day months ago when he’d ordered the torture of Ashton. Anywhere I went that he was, no matter whom I was with or who he was with, I felt his eyes on me. Watching me. Stroking me with invisible fingers. It intensified my arousal and prickled my skin. I hadn’t spoken a word nor had he approached me – his pride, I knew, was responsible for that. But his eyes told me he still wanted me, and would have me. That last part was what scared me.

The security around the reserve had also been increased exponentially.  No visitors from other packs were accepted and weres patrolled the streets and our woods in both human and animal form. It reassured me that there was always someone watching for danger. There hadn’t been any other sightings of intruders and Ashton was still in holding. They’d stopped questioning him the last week or two, but I’d heard news they were to resume again. Hopefully by a less physical tactic.

And in all this time, I’d made myself of no use to the community. If I wasn’t in training, I was hanging out with Livia or reading about my were ancestors and the prophecy around me. However, I’d recently become tired of my mundane and routine days.

“Reese,” I said, as we sat around the table for breakfast, “I need a job.”

“A job?” He asked, rubbing his deliciously bare torso. “You? Working?”

I rolled my eyes at his teasing. “I was a waitress before you guys kidnapped me. Remember those days? The normal ones?”

“What do you need a job for, Ainsley?” Reese asked, taking a sip of his black coffee. I myself, loaded my coffee up with sugar and milk. Sometimes I wasn’t even sure if you could still call it sugar. Oh well.