In Her Heat - Chapter Forty One (ADULT)

ATTENTION: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VERSION DOES CONTAIN MATURE, ADULT SCENES. I HAVE POSTED A SUMMARY OF THE CHAPTER OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ UP TO THE POINT WHERE IT GETS MATURE, YOU CAN MESSAGE ME AND I'LL HAPPILY SEND YOU A COPY. THAT SAID, ENJOY CADE'S MAD SKILLS IN BED!! ;)

****

After a lot of debate and even more yelling, courtesy of my stubborn mate and I, we made our decision.

“Are we sure this is what we want to do?” Kat asked. She worried her lip and shifted from foot to foot.

“No no no no no. No.” Declan protested. “We are not going to argue about this again. We made our decision, that’s it, we live with the consequences.”

“That’s the thing, Dec,” Kat said, approaching him. Dec? When had he become Dec? I was way too out of it. “This shouldn’t be our decision. Neither of us is the Alpha of our pack.”

“Maybe not, but all of us are within the group of people he would have consulted anyway,” reasoned Cade. “We’re doing this, no more questions or protests or anything.” His voice brooked no argument – thank goodness. Kat obediently submitted to Cade, though not entirely, if her mutterings were any indication.

The door swung open, bringing with it Lilica and the trio.

“Well? What is your decision?” She clasped her hands behind her hand, a Mona Lisa smile flitting across her features, as though she already knew the answer.

Kat, Declan and I looked to Cade, our makeshift Alpha. He cleared his throat once and stepped up to Lilica. One glare had the trio backing up a step. I hid my smile. Cade murmured quietly in her ear. Lilica nodded to Quinn before leaving with Beau and Navarro.

“I guess I should be saying welcome to the family?”

***

With the Uri’s broken ties to Irina and their newly formed bond with our pack, there was to be a celebratory ceremony. The preparations would take all day, so we were shown to our rooms to rest up. Kat and I were given a room to share as, the preparations ritualistically required the men and women to separated until the ceremony.

After cleaning up as best we could with the trickle of water that leaked from a rusty faucet, we climbed into the four poster double bed together. The comforters, though old and worn were soft and warm. I turned on my side to face Kat.

“Hey. I know you weren’t entirely happy with the decision, but things will be okay.”

Kat turned to face me too, resting her head on her hand. “What’s Damon going to think when he finds out we made this big important decision without him? And we barely know these people – how can we trust them with the lives of our pack? I just want...I want everyone to be safe.”

“Everyone like Declan? Or should I say Dec?”

She flushed and turned back over. “Goodnight, Ainsley.”

“Aw, come on, Kat! You can’t keep this from me! After all we’ve been through?” The pout in my voice was clear, but Kat didn’t respond. I shook her. “Kat, don’t ignore me.” When a snore slid out of her lips I let her go. “Alright, I guess I’ll just have to go ask Declan...” I teased.