In Her Heat - Chapter Eight

We got the three duffel bags from the jet soon after.

"I need to make a call to Damon," Reese said. "Ashton, look around for anyone suspicious. Cat will be waiting for you at the northern exit with an update on the other packs and some papers and the history book. Then meet back up at the car. It shouldn't take more than ten minutes. Ainsley, you go with Cade now. Listen to him."

"Why do I have to go to the car?" I asked, picking up a duffel bag.

"Because you're no help to us right now," Ashton said. Reese snorted his laughter. Cade did nothing, his expression brooding and intense.

I growled lowly and watched as Cade quirked an eyebrow.

"She growls." He stated.

"Yep. You should have seen her before," Reese said.

"Shut up," I snapped. "Go call your boss or whatever."

He smirked. "I think I will. Ashton?"

"Gone."

The two of them left, going to do what they had to, leaving me alone with Cade. As my body realized it was just the two of us, it reacted instantly, sending a gushing heat to my sex once more.

Cade locked eyes with me. He arched an eyebrow. I wasn't sure, but I could have sworn there was a trace of amusement in his eyes.

I flushed, embarrased. "It's the heat," I said, even though he probably already knew. Still, I felt the need to explain my horniness.

"Of course."

I gritted my teeth, sensing the sarcasm.

"Come." He said. It was a command. I didn't want to move - did he think he was my master? - but the wolf inside me responded to the dominance and I found my self following him. I cursed under my breath. "Creative words you've got there," he said. I forgot he could hear every syllable I uttered. I cursed again in my head instead.

A few minutes later we reached the car. He stood beside me as I saw what would be transporting me to the reserve.

"Wow, what an unassuming car," I said, my voice heavily laced with sarcasm. "I'm positive no bad guys will ever think I'm in this car. I mean, why on earth would the famous freaky she-werewolf that everyone wants to mate be driving around in a bullet-proof, black SUV with tinted windows. Geez, you guys are much to sneaky and cunning. Conniving is what you are." I rolled my eyes.

"Just get in the damned car," he said, almost bored.

I was stunned. How rude could he get? "No." I was even more stunned at my stark refusal.

And apparently so was he. "What did you just say?" The question was asked in a low voice, which made it all the more threatening. But I couldn't back down now. I had to show him that I would not do what he wished if he demanded me. If he told me to jump, I would tell him to take his own advice. Standing on a cliff.

I stood straight, squared my shoulders and looked him dead in the eye. "No."

His eyes narrowed and darkened. My heart thudded. Instinct told me to run, but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction. He stalked towards me, closing the space between us until his chest grazed my breasts. My nipples hardened instantly and his eyes darkened further. "You're refusing." He said. He was a habit of making statements and not asking questions, I was beginning to realize.

"Way to go, Captain Obvious," I was horrified when my voice came out a bit breathy but tried not to let it show. His nearness was having disastrous effects of my body. My nipples were so tight and hard I wouldn't be surprised if they were visibly poking at my shirt, even with my bra on. Embarrassed, definitely but not surprised. My sex was like a pool of arousal, throbbing with the desire to find relief.