Chapter 17

Hey guys!
So, since I keep taking ages to upload I thought this one would come a bit quicker :)
If you don't remember, just a quick reminder of that meeting that Riders dad wanted to set up with her mum and Freya.
Thanks for reading!

===

"Mum, it's okay, you look FINE." I reassure her, re pinning up her hair and touching up on her makeup. Freya stood by my side, excited. Today was Tuesday, and that means it's time for that meeting my dad wanted to organise with my mum.

"Do you actually think he's going to ask her out? OMG I can imagine how you feel Rider, if my parents got back together I would DIE!" She exclaims, excited.

"I know, right?" I reply, stepping back from mum. "Even lying down in a hospital bed, you still look gorgeous." My phone goes off, receiving a text. "Oh, that's dad, he's in the hospital." I text him back, letting him know which ward we're in.

Mum and Freya hold hands, squealing. "OMG HE'S COMING!!!" They yell. I love that my mother and my best friend can be close. I laugh, checking my phone just as I receive the text, 'about to come in, you guys ready?'

I calm Freya and Mum down. "Shhh... He's right outside. I'm about to tell him to come in, so shut up!"

I text back, 'ready when you are!'

The double doors open, and in walks dad, a nervous look on his face. "Hey guys. Okay, so I'm just going to say it; I'm engaged."

What? Wait, I'm so confused.

"What do you mean, dad?" I ask. I can see everyone's faces slowly falling.

"Okay, Rider, you know how I've been having a therapist come over for the past year or so?" Dad asks, before continuing. "Well, that wasn't a therapist. It's my fiancé. We've been dating for over a year-"

"And you couldn't tell me this?!?" I yell.

"But Rider, I didn't want to hurt you, and also she didn't want anyone to know-"

"Well who is she then?" I ask, extremely pissed.

"Okay, before I show you-"

"No, dad, this isn't cool. Every time your therapist came over, you've wanted me out of the house. Is it because you were going to be seeing this mystery woman?!"

"Well, yes, but-"

"Dad you can shut the hell up, okay? What so whenever I came back and you were crying, it wasn't because your therapist uncovered some old memories, it was because you had just been fucking some chick that-"

"Woah, Rider!" Mum mum exclaims, although her expression shows that if she had more confidence she would be doing exactly the same thing as I am. "Just let him talk."

Dad sighs. "Okay, so I couldn't tell you because I knew that you loved your mother and would never want me seeing another woman. But now that it's official-"

"Who would want to date a dickhead like you anyway? You got divorced from the love of your life once you had forgotten to use a condom and she got cancer, and instead of making it up to her you go ahead and see someone else?" I exclaim.

"I would like to meet this fiancé of yours." Announces mum. Freya, who had been sitting silently in the corner with a shocked expression on her face this whole time, now grips my mothers hand in comfort.

Dad sighs, sticking his head out the door. "You can come in now, Roselyn!"

Wait... Roselyn...

The door opens, and in walks Freya's mum.