Chapter 29

I slam the door behind me, storming over to my bed and collapsing. I can't believe this.

There's a knock on the door, as dad checks on me, wondering why I came home first of all, and also why I seemed to be so distressed.

"Go away!" I scream, throwing a nearby shirt at the door. I listen for the footsteps to disappear before I go back to shouting at myself into a pillow.

After Dale admitted to me that I was his mate, I screamed at him for expecting me to just accept it and kiss him. Just because he said something that he couldn't even prove, doesn't mean I was just going to drop everything to go off with him, including the boyfriend that I already have. It's not like I need him or anything, I'm not that kind of girl that 'needs' a man in her life.

But when I think about it, I start to get really confused. I mean, it's not like I would leave Kyle for Dale or anything, but IF Dale really is my mate, then this must be really hard for him. Also, if he is my mate, it means that we are basically made for each other. What if I fell for the wrong brother first?

I shake the terrible ideas out of my head. I said yes to Kyle, and no to Dale. It's as simple as that.

But the thing is, it's not as simple as that. Dale is my mate - and that complicates everything. Being mates - someone with A LOT of power looked at us and said that we were the perfect couple.

The question is - will I tell Kyle? I mean, it may stuff up our relationship completely. But if it's meant to last it will. I guess it kind of should be Dale's choice, of whether to tell kyle or not, but he should hurry up because the longer I wait, the bigger the lie becomes.

I jump as my phone vibrates, ringing in my back pocket. I pull it out, seeing who it was. I finally accept the call.

"Hey." I say, trying not to key my tears sneak into my voice. "Why are you calling, Kyle?"

"Dale told me." Kyle says, abruptly. "He told me everything. You're going to leave me, aren't you?"

So many emotions are going through my head at the moment, and I'm trying to find out which ones I should actually be feeling.

"Of course I'm not going to leave you, Kyle." I assure him. "I wouldn't just leave you for some random confession."

"Well, what would you leave me for? How long is it going to be until you leave me?" Kyle stresses. "Can't you just get it over with now?"

"I'm not going to leave you at all, Kyle. But can you please meet me soon?" I ask.

"Sure, where?" He asks.

"Bowlers?" I suggest.

"For a conversation such as this one?" Kyle argues. "I don't think so. How about the woods?"

"Sounds good. I'll meet you there in like ten."

"See you then."

***

"Kyle!" I call, rushing over to him and desperately gripping him into a hug. "Oh my god!" I exclaim.

"Hey, baby. Are you okay?" He asks, holding my head in his hands and searching my eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"A bit freaked out. You?"

"Definitely." He shakes his head, weirded out. "Who could have known that my brother was a werewolf, for god's sake?"

I shake my head, looking at the ground. "And who could have known that he was my mate?"

"...what?" Kyle looks up at me, shocked.

"Wait, what do you mean, what...?" My eyes widen as I realise that Dale may not have told Kyle the full story. "Oh..."

"Wait, he's your mate? Now you're definitely going to leave me, aren't you?!" He exclaims.

"No, Kyle. Wait - so before you only though I was going to leave you because he was a werewolf?"

"Well, I mean... Yeah?"

"Jeez, how shallow do you think I am?!" I exclaim, throwing my arms out in annoyance.

"Well, I just thought... Look. I asked you out like REALLY quickly after meeting you and you said yes. Now looking back, I think it's just because you thought I was a werewolf, so I just kind of assumed-"

"Holy fuck! No! I said yes because God fucking help me I actually really like you. How could you assume something like that?!"

"Rider, I-"

"No, leave me alone." I turn my back to him, crossing my arms and beginning to walk away.

"Fine, bitch. You go run back to your messed up family and your werewolf boyfriend and see if I fucking care." Kyle shouts after me.

I stop in my tracks. "What? What did you just say to me?"

Kyle just rolls his eyes, grumbling as he walks off into the forest. My eyes well up with tears and I try keep it together as I walk away.

What the actual fuck do I do?

===

Wow. It's been ages. I'm sorry, but I realised how shit this book was and didn't want to finish it. I quickly wrote most of the story but then all of the chapters deleted, so back to square one. But yeah, I honestly don't give a shit about this cringey af book, so here is the next shittily written chapter