Chapter 18

Sorry for the short chapter. I feel as though it's easier for me to write shorter chapters but update more often. Do you like that better?

Anyway, if you're reading this, comment 'I swear on my right hand that I will read at least the first chapter of one of your other books.' Haha k thanks for reading <3

===

I sit in the waiting room with Freya, not really feeling like talking. We sit in a comfortable silence, me picking at the treads on my ripped jeans and Freya watching the clock as it slowly ticks by.

After we found out about my dad and Roselyn, Freya had freaked out. She had shouted at both her mum and my dad before flipping a table. Her mum had told her she was overreacting, so Freya told her mum that she was pregnant, coming as a surprise to all of us.

"Are you going to tell me who the mystery guy is yet?" I ask her, not drawing my eyes from my jeans.

Freya sighs. "I guess your day can't get any worse." She turns to face me, forcing me to look at her. "Remember Tyler?"

I cringe at the name. Tyler used to be the big thing at our school - the most popular and quite possibly good looking guy in our year level. He also happens to be my ex. He was one of those popular guys that mess around with non popular girls. When he asked me out, I thought he genuinely liked me. I started to hang out with him whilst we were dating, and instead of having something similar to a celebrity crush on him, I started to develop actual feelings for him.

I dumped him after he tried raping me, then he told me that he only wanted to date me because he wanted to fuck me. A year later he tried to rape me again, so my mum reported him to the police and I haven't seen him since then.

"I wish I didn't remember him." I reply.

"Well, he may or may not be mystery man." Freya admits.

"For real? Where'd you even see him?" I ask, surprised.

"His dad made him go to a strict private school when he found out what he did to you. We met down the street one time and he's a pretty nice guy now."

"And he's the one you're preggers with?"

"Yes."

"I can't believe you didn't tell me any of this! My dad was bad enough but you're my best friend." I accuse, giving her a stern look.

"I know, but you wouldn't have told me if roles were reversed." She says.

"That's probably true, but I would be sorry."

"And I am." She says, coming in for a hug. "I'm sorry this has happened to you."

"I'm sorry it's happened to you." I say, not leaving the hug. "So do you actually really like Tyler though?"

"Yeah, kinda." She says. "You're not jelly or anything, are you?"

"Freya, I was 14. No I'm not jealous." I reply, finally pulling away. "Besides, I hate him, plus I do have a boyfriend."

Freya laughs. "That's good. I wasn't sure whether you'd be more mad at me for dating him or mad for not telling."

"I'm definitely more mad for you not telling, but it's all good."

All of a sudden the double doors into mums ward open, and dad walks out, quickly walking away. Freya's mum steps out, seeing us and walking over.

"Don't even come near me." Freya says in the deadliest voice she can muster. "If you come near me again I will make sure that you remain his fiancé for as long as you live." She threatens, implying that she'd kill her.

Roselyn hangs her head, slowly leaving in the same direction as dad.

"Roselyn!?" I call out after her.

"Yes?" She turns back to me, a spark of hope in her eyes.

"Are you going back to my house?" I ask.

"Oh, if you don't want me to I won't-"

"No, go, I just needed to know so that I knew not to go there."

Roselyn continues to leave. The double doors open again, and out comes my mum in her wheelchair.

"Mum!" I cheer, getting up and rushing over to hug her.

"Is he gone?" She asks, looking around.

"Yeah, he left." I say. Since the coast is clear, mum begins to let out her tears, sobbing into my stomach.

I hold her, and together with Freya we sit there in complete silence. I'm ready to believe that this silence will last forever, and almost hoping it will.