Chapter 31

I rub my pounding head with one hand, pushing myself into a sitting position with the other. I look around, my vision slightly blurry. I stand up, almost collapsing in the process. When everything finally comes into focus, I see Dale and the other werewolf both out cold on the ground. Breathing heavily, I stumble out into the hallway, grabbing my jacket from the coat rack and leaving the house.

I run down the back yard and towards the forest, tripping on my feet several times and landing flat on the ground. By the time I make it to the forests edge, I'm already covered with dirt and twigs from head to toe.

"Kyle!" I desperately shout, cupping my mouth with my hands. "Kyle!"

I look around for a wolf - for anything, but all there is are trees. I collapse in a heap on the ground, leaning back against a tree and fiddling with my necklace, holding back tears. What even happened? All I remember is seeing Kyle on the operating table and then... of course. He was turned.

I don't remember anything after that, but I do know that Kyle wasn't on the table and everyone else was on the ground. I don't know what he could have done though - whilst he was now probably a full raging werewolf, he can't have hurt anyone yet. If he really was hungry he would have just bitten me rather than knock me out and run.

Sighing, I drag myself up to my feet and trudge back up the hill towards the house. I go inside again, checking on Dale and the other werewolf that was operating on Kyle. They are both still unconcious, and I start to worry that maybe they were more than thrown aside and knocked out cold. But both of them are still breathing, so I walk away and out the doors again.

As I'm walking down the driveway, a car pulls in, almost running me over in the process. The car slams on it's brakes, stopping merely a metre away from me. I recognise the car from somewhere, but I just can't quite put my finger on it.

The door opens, and out comes Phoebe. I groan, walking over to her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask her, a bit too harshly.

"Calm your tits, Rider. I'm just returning your boyfriend to you. He said he was hurt or something, and he has bandages on and I think it's blood on them. I don't know though. Anyway, what are you-"

I push her out of the way, rushing over to the passenger seat door and flinging it open. Kyle flashes me a crooked smile, although his eyes show that he knows I'll be pissed. "Hey beanie." He barely croaks out the words, coughing. My eyes trail down to where he clutches his stomach, bloodied bandages wrapped around his waist.

"Holy shit, Kyle." I help him out of the car, letting him lean on my as he limps back into the house.

"I'm so sorry for knocking you out before, it was weird, I couldn't control myself or anything. I know you won't believe me and stuff, but it was almost like I was-"

"Kyle, you're a werewolf. Now hurry up before you bleed to death." I drag him into the room, where the werewolf is slowly regaining consciousness. He sees us come in, squinting at us as though he can barely see. His eyes widen as he realises that Kyle is back, and he immediately jumps to his feet, almost tripping over in the process.

Kyle grunts as he lays down on the bench, wincing in pain. As the werewolf begins to work in him, Kyle pulls me to his side.

"Rider..." He whispers. "My mate. It's Phoebe."

I stand there in shock, not exactly knowing how to react. "Oh." Is all I say.

"So do you know how it feels now?" Dale, who seemed to have just appeared by my side, says in an aggravated tone. "Do you know how much pain I've had to go through?"

Kyle rolls his eyes, shooting Dale a glare. He takes my hands, pulling me closer towards the table. "Rider, I still choose you. I still love you."

I jump as the door slams shut, Dale missing from the room.

===

Yay another shitty chapter