Chapter 2

Dedicated to Pariz_love for the amazing cover on the side!

"Rider!" My dad calls from downstairs.

I groan, having just woken up. "What do you want...?" I call back, the fact that I'm still half asleep present in my voice.

"Go welcome the neighbours!" Dad demands. At this, I jump out of bed and rush down the stairs in record timing.

"We have... New neighbours?" I pant.

"Yeah, they just moved in yester-"

"OMIGOD are there any boys my age? Are they cute? Oooh, or is there a girl? We could become best buddies! We could go over each other's houses everyday..." I trail off.

Dad just laughs. "Why don't you go see?"

I sigh. "It's probably just some creepy old man."

Dad shrugs his shoulders. "Or not. Go see. Bring them the cookies I made!" Dad goes back to reading his book.

"Yeah, I'm sure they'd appreciate half burnt, half undercooked cookies." I mumble under my breath. I have no idea how he managed it, but if anyone can, dad can.

"What?" Dad raises his eyebrows.

"Ya mum." I begin to make my way into the kitchen. As I leave the lounge room, I see dad shaking his head, as if disappointed. I laugh.

I take the... Well, I could hardly call them cookies, out of the fridge and rush back upstairs with them.

Whilst randomly chucking on the first t-shirt and jeans I find, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I'm not short, but I'm not tall enough to be called beautiful. The best I can do is be called 'cute,' but right now I'm not even that. My orange hair has just never worked on me.

I hop down the stairs. After my mum fell asleep on the couch last night, I picked her up, and careful not to wake her, set her down in her bed, tucking her in. I then left, not being able to sleep in a bed other then my own. I left my mum a note, and put it down at the first place my mother will check whilst looking for me.

The fridge.

After I finish changing, I run downstairs and out the door. Once outside, I immediately wish I had put on a coat. It's freezing! How is it even this cold?

I don't bother to go all the way back inside and all the way up the stairs to get one. Instead I just decide to jog over.

I quicken my pace, panting as I jog through a couple of paddocks before I reach the house. Once I'm there, I can't see anyone, so I just stand there, awkwardly.

"Can I help you?" A voice comes from behind me. I whiz around, embarrassed that I didn't see them earlier.

Oh shit.

"Hey, I remember you! You're the one from the coffee shop-"

"You're mistaken." I quickly interrupt Sex God. Yup, you heard me.

He laughs. "I'm fairly certain it was you."

"How can you be sure that I don't have a twin sister?" Is it just me, or do my retorts get lamer around him?

"Nope, no one can mistake those weak comebacks." Sex God rolls his sexy (even I never knew that was possible) eyes before moving his attention to out surroundings. "Nice place. You didn't tell me you lived here."

I roll my eyes. "Oh, yeah. The first time I ever see you, during a five minute conversation mostly consisting of me telling you to piss off, I'm going to tell you where I live. Did I mention that was the first time I've ever met you?" I say, earning a small giggle from Sex God.