Chapter 32

Kyle rolls his eyes, shouting after Dale and chasing him out the door. I open my mouth to stop him, but close it once the door slams shut yet again. I sigh, turning around to the other werewolf who is quickly packing up his stuff, obviously in a rush to get out of this house. I understand, I wish I could just run away as well.

"Thanks." I say, wanting to say something - anything to him. "Sorry about, well, everything."

The werewolf shakes his head, anxiously smiling. "It's okay. I hope everything gets better for you."

I nod, stepping aside as he exits the room. The door shuts behind him and I'm left alone, looking around the empty room. I collapse into a chair in the corner of the room, observing my surroundings. I'm pretty sure I hid in here when we were having that food war. I laugh, wishing I could have fun like that right now.

I think about it, before picking up my phone and dialling Andy's number. I always have so much fun with him, and we get along so well. Maybe I'll be able to forget about what's going on.

***

Freya jumps from foot to foot, desperate to go to the toilet. "Ugh, can a pregnant woman get through here!" She shouts at the large line in front of us. Some one fairly far ahead of us in the line offers for Freya to go in front of her. She walks up to her and thanks her, before grabbing her into a huge hug.

"Thank you so much!" She squeezes her tighter, her face beginning to turn purple as she gasps for oxygen. "People are often so rude to me because, you know, I'm pregnant and all..."

She goes on for another few minutes, crying, until she is able to get into the toilet. Still sobbing, she gives her a wave, before disappearing into the toilets. I sigh, laughing. When she finally comes out, we both head back to where Andy has parked his car.

"Hey guys!" He cheers. "Guess what I have!"

"Pink lemonade!" I gasp, ripping the bottle from his hands and hastily pouring myself a glass. "Ugh, this is my first drive in but I'm already loving it."

"It gets better." Grins Andy. "It's like you just travel back to the past, and leave everything here behind."

I flash him a half hearted smile. "Great." Leaving everything here behind is what I really want right now.

We set up the picnic blanket in the open boot of the car, pouring more drinks and tucking into some crackers that Andy brought along. Freya's phone rings and she walks away, mumbling something about having to take this call.

"Are you feeling okay?" Andy asks me, shuffling closer towards me.

"Yeah, I'm good now." I say. "You really help."

"Trouble in paradise?" He asks.

"Kind of, but it's okay. I'm sure everything will sort itself out."

"Oh no, I feel so bad for you. I mean, managing a white, straight, cis relationship must be so hard for you." He says sarcastically, laughing.

"Are you gay?" I ask him.

"I'm a black pansexual trans guy. Honey, you've got it good." He laughs, before proceeding to skull his lemonade.

"I probably should stop complaining." I laugh. "Are you dating anyone?" I ask.

"Nah." He says. "Everyone I fall for seems to end up friendzoning me, so I thought why bother?"

I laugh. "I kinda have the opposite problem."

"Then it's not a problem."

"It can be." I wipe an eyelash from his cheek, blowing it away and making a wish.

Andy smiles. "Maybe."

All of a sudden the venue goes practically silent as the movie begins, Andy and I sitting back and smiling.

===

Nearly done! And wow congratulations me from growing up from the start of this book and actually adding in just the tinciest bit of diversity. Shit I sucked