Chapter 14

Smaller chapters now, but really quick updates.
- thanks!
===

"Morning sunshine," calls Kyle from next to my bed, "feeling okay?"

"What the fuck happened last night?" I shout, glaring at him.

"For the most part - I have no idea. All I remember is calling an ambulance for you." Kyle says, his thumb rubbing circles on the back of my hand.

"What did I need an ambulance for?" I ask, freaking out.

"No idea." He grins. "But you do look pretty banged up."

I take a deep breath in. "One question - do my parents know?"

"Well...."

"Kyle!" I yell.

All of a sudden the door bursts open, and in comes my mum in a wheelchair. "What the hell did you do Rider? How did dad let you go out with a boy at midnight? Why is my baby girl in hospital?!?" Mum shrieks. The door opens again and in walks dad, a lot calmer.

"I'm sorry for letting you go out." He apologises to both myself and my mum.

Holy crap - my parents were in the same room as eachother and weren't going apeshit on eachother!

"You better be." Says mum. "She's in FREAKING hospital! What the fuck were you thinking!" She screams, mostly at my dad.

"I don't know! I was tired and I just-"

"This is why you are the worst parent EVER! How could you let this happen? If she was at my place she would have been in bed by 7 but NO..." Mum yells at dad, accusingly.

"Well maybe if you didn't have to go and get fucking CANCER, she would have been at your house!" Screamed dad.

Okay, I completely take back what I said earlier.

"Guys, it's okay! We just have to hear what the doctor says and then I can probably leave." I say, interuppting the fight between my parents. "Besides, I don't even feel that bad, I'm fine. And it was my fault, not either of yours. Stop worrying."

"Maybe I wouldn't have to worry if your FATHER hadn't have let you out!" Mum starts up again, before wheeling hersef out.

Dad sighs, holding his head in his hands. "I do love your mother, okay? If she just wasn't a fucking bi-"

"Okay!" I shout. "Jesus, would you just stop it! I actually kind of wanted to speak to mum so could you leave and send her in!" I shout at dad, pissed off.

"That was actually really irresponsible of you-"

"I know! Just, go away." I say, before noticing that Kyle was still standing there awkwardly. "Oh, hi."

"Hey." He smiles.

Dad walks out of the room to get mum. I sigh, leaning back in bed. When mum comes in, I notice that she's crying.

"Mum, it's okay, I'm not even hurt-"

"I know, I know." She sobs. "It's just... I really want to get back with your dad. It's times like that that I miss him..."

"Times when you're screaming at each other?" I ask.

"Yeah..." She sighs.

All of a sudden I remember something. "OMIGOD!!! I completely forgot! Dad was trying to organise a meeting with you on Tuesday!"

"Really!" Mum squeals. All of a sudden her face falls. "I'm in the hospital that day."

"Can't we still come?" I ask.

"I guess so..."

"Hey, isn't it Mother's Day on Wednesday?" Kyle asks.

"It is? Oh yeah!" I remember. "So we can all come over. I have to remember to text Freya about that." I say. "Ooooh I hope he asks you out!!!"

Mum rolls her eyes. "Why would he do that? But so do I."

I laugh. I look up as the doctor walks in.

"Good morning. How are you feeling today?" He asks, a cheesy grin spread across his face.

"Great. Perfectly fine!" I cheer, although I am in quite a bit of pain. I just want to get out of this hospital.

"That's good then." Says the doctor. "We think we're ready to let you out in a minute-"

"Wait, a normal minute or a hospital minute? Normal minutes go for 60 seconds but hospital minutes go for about three quarters of an hour." I interrupt.

"Well, we do have to check up on a few things, so..." Begins the doctor.

"A hospital minute?"

"Yeah, probably." He smiles sympathetically. "I'll come back to see you soon."

As he walks out, Kyles phone begins to ring. He pulls it out, answering it and holding it to his ear.

"Hello?" He answers. "I know, I'm sorry- yes, she may be in hospital, but- okay, okay, I'm coming." He hangs up.

"Was that your mum?" I ask, then realise the opportunity I just missed. "YA MUM!" I yell.

Kyle rolls his eyes. "Actually, it was Dale. I have to go. See you tomorrow?"

"See you then."

As Kyle walks out, I realise.

I am falling helplessly in love with the werewolf next door.

Well, not in love. That's too fast. Holy shit I'm cliche!

===

Yes, it is a crappy chapter. I just realised that I hadn't updated in weeks so I quickly wrote this for you.

Hold up a sec- someones calling me! "Hello? Oh, hi Satan, it's been ages! What's that? You want everyone to vote for this chapter then go and read all my other books? K bye!"

Yeah, um Satan told me that he wanted you to vote for this chapter and go read all my other books, soooo....