Epilogue

***1 year later***

I stood backstage, watching Chris perform on the small television that showed his performance live. I drifted off as I stared at the screen, thinking about what we had been thrown through in the past year. Chris had rapidly grown as a celebrity once people had heard his music, and it helped that he had connections in the industry. He had just came out with his first album, and now he was singing in front of a crowd of screaming fans. The entire arena was packed with girls wanting to get a glimpse of him. I thought about what he had said to me constantly when I had grown worried about him. 

I'll still be the same person. 

I looked back up at the TV, thinking about his statement. Was he really the same person he had been when he was my teacher in high school? No, he wasn't. But that didn't mean he had changed for the worst. He had gotten more in shape from dancing and singing, and even though he had gotten more tattoos and met a lot of new people, he never turned his back on me. He came home every night unless he was in the process of releasing a song or finishing up on something important. He rarely stayed overnight at the studio, but if he did he always called me and let me know. I trusted him with everything I had. I witnessed several girls trying to flirt with him in the past, but every time females started getting too close to him he would always introduce me to them as his girlfriend, or wrap his arm around me when I passed; and he didn't even give those girls a second glance. He only stared at me, a smile on his face as he would lean down to kiss me. I loved him for it. I loved him for everything. In the public he may seem different than the man he used to be, but when we were alone he was still just how I remembered him. 

My attention was brought back to the present as I saw that he was bowing to the fans and exiting the stage, ending the show. My heart sped up as he went off camera, and I knew he'd be coming back here in a few minutes. I stood up just as the handle on the door turned and Chris walked in. I just stared at him for a brief moment, mesmerized. He was shirtless, and a thin sheen of sweat glistened on his chest and forehead. He was breathing hard, his hair damp as he stared at me. He had recently dyed his hair blonde, and it made him look even sexier. 

"You watched my show?" Chris asked, breaking the silence as he glanced up at the TV in the corner. I blushed but nodded, and Chris just smiled at me. 

"Well, it's not over yet," he continued, and I realized that he was still wearing the earpiece that he usually only wore on stage. 

"Then why'd you come back here?" I asked, not understanding. He just smirked and held his hand out, waiting for me to take it. I stared at the tattoos on his forearm as I slowly reached out and entwined my fingers with his. He smiled and gently led me out of the room, down the hall, and towards the curtain that led to the stage. 

"Chris what are you-" 

"Shh. Just trust me," he whispered, planting a light kiss on my lips before leading me out onto the stage. My heart sped up when I was faced with thousands of fans staring back at me. I gripped Chris' hand tighter, trying to drown out the noise as I began to get nervous. I glanced up at Chris, but he had his hand in his pocket, looking timid himself. Why would he be nervous on stage? He had performed in front of an audience countless times. I saw Chris grab the mic and hold it up to his mouth, smiling again. 

"As you all probably know, this is my beautiful girlfriend Alana," he said, his voice ringing throughout the large area as some of his fans cheered. He looked away from them, back down at me. "I've been with her since before all the fame and fortune, and she's stuck with me through thick and thin..." Why was he saying this? "...I've loved her since day one, and I think it's time for me to make the next move." He dropped the mic, and before I could say anything he was down on one knee, presenting me with a small, black, square velvet box. My breath caught in my throat as my heart hammered in my chest. Was this really happening???

"Alana Simmons...Will you marry me?" Chris asked, his eyes staring deeply into mine as he awaited my response. Everything was quiet, or maybe I had just lost the ability to hear anything. I felt completely numb as I stared back at him, but I knew I had to say something. I just hadn't been expecting this

"Y-yes..." I said, barely loud enough for him to hear. But when a smile split across his face, I knew he had heard. Before I knew it, he was scooping me into his arms, and he kissed me deeply, right on stage in front of everyone. My arms came up and wrapped around his neck, and I felt his heart beating against mine as our chests pressed together when he drew me closer to him. He pulled away seconds later, and I felt a cool sensation on my hand. I looked down to see him slipping the large ring onto my finger. I quickly looked back up at him and his eyes met mine. Everything suddenly came back with a sudden rush, and I was overwhelmed by the chorus of screams and shouts as his fans continued to cheer for him. I couldn't tell if they were happy or mad, but at the moment I didn't care. 

"I love you," I said, so only he could hear. 

"Love you...," he responded, and then his arms were under my body as he scooped me up bridal style and carried me offstage, using one arm to awkwardly wave to his fans as he departed. 

Chris put me down when we had re-entered his private room backstage. His hands were on my waist, and my arms were still wrapped around his neck. 

"You proposed to me...," I said numbly, my voice cracking. He nodded, a small smile on his face as he leaned in and kissed me. 

"You said yes," he whispered against my lips, sounding as if he couldn't believe it. 

"Of course I did..." I responded, pulling away and looking at him incredulously, not able to believe that he would even think for a second that I would reject him. 

"I wanna spend the rest of my life with you, Alana," he said, causing warmth to flood through my body. 

"Me too..." I threw my arms around his neck, hugging him as if my life depended on it. He was the first man I had ever loved, and in that moment I knew that he was the only man I would ever love. I remembered him telling the crowd that I had stayed with him through thick and thin, and I knew he spoke the truth; but I was glad that I had held on to him through those times, because it was worth it. He was mine, and I was his, and that's how it would be. Forever. 

________________________________________

A/N THE END :D This is the longest book I have EVER written, and I'm shocked that I've actually finished it... Did you guys like the ending, hate it, didn't care? :S idk if I'm that good at endings, so let me know in the comments! I'm so glad some people have stuck with me throughout this story <3 I can't thank my readers enough. :)