Chapter Thirty-Two: Making Memories

A/N I know it's rare for me to have an authors note at the beginning of the chapter, but since all of you wanted Chris and Alana to have some um... *cough* interactions *cough* in his classroom, that's what I'm doing xD so enjoy >:)

_________________

Chris led me towards his classroom, and on the way there he seemed to be thinking about something else. I squeezed his hand to get his attention.

"What's wrong?" I asked in a concerned tone. He sighed and walked slower down the hallway.

"Alana, I feel like without me here to protect you, Blake can hurt you. He's allowed back on school campus in three weeks, and even if he's not here, one of his friends could hurt you for him." Chris explained. I shrugged.

"You can't protect me all the time Chris." I reminded him.

"I can try." He whispered. He shook his head and continued. "Anyway, I know this sounds really stupid and unnecessary since school is almost over, but I want you to transfer to a new school." He said, blushing a bit. I completely stopped in the middle of the hallway and looked at him incredulously.

"Seriously?!" I said, annoyed. He took both my hands in his and stared into my eyes.

"Listen to me Lana. I just want you to be safe, that's it. And I'm sure your parents want for you to be safe too." He reminded me. I looked away from him until I felt his finger under my chin, tilting my face back up and forcing me to look at him. "I'm sorry if it upsets you. I just want things to be right. I don't wanna deal with Blake anymore. Once you press charges and get into court and get it over with, I don't even wanna hear his name again. Please hear me out." He begged. Finally, I sighed and embraced him tightly.

"I know it's the right thing Chris. I'll do what you want, but it'll be awkward at a new school. Everyone will think I'm weird for transferring there in the last month of school." I complained. He shook his head and smirked at me.

"If they make fun of you I can beat em up for you." He joked. I shoved him playfully and then began walking again, waiting for him to catch up.

"So what happened to your second period?" I asked, realizing it was now second period and there was no one to teach his class.

"My classes are canceled for today. Everyone in my class has a free period instead." He informed me.

"Oh." I replied as we reached his door. He pulled a key out and unlocked the door, letting us inside and flicking on the lights.

"I don't even know where to start cleaning up this junk." He groaned loudly in frustration. I giggled and he turned towards me.

"You think it's funny?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I shrugged and nodded and he smirked.

"You're helping me box everything up." He said smugly. I groaned loudly, but realized that I had nothing else to do, and I got to miss a day of school to help him pack up. Fair enough.

"Where should we start?" I asked, looking at his cluttered desk. He walked over to a small storage closet in the corner and opened it up, letting a few dozen small cardboard boxes fall out.

"You put everything on my desk into a box, and I'll work on the stuff in my office." He said, handing me half the boxes and then taking half for himself. I shrugged and walked over to his giant desk, letting out a deep sigh as I looked at the cluttered mess. Time to pack.

***

About an hour later when I was satisfied I had gotten EVERYTHING on his desk crammed into several boxes, I decided to check up on how he was doing in his office. I sat the last box down on the ground and then dusted off my hands, walking over to his office door and opening it, peeking inside. My eyes widened a bit when I saw that he was standing there shirtless rummaging through one of the drawers in his office desk, obviously trying to pack more things.